Wish I'd opted for the turbo now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish I'd opted for the turbo now.

I was at Quiktrip yesterday. I'd gotten a paper and was getting ready to leave when I heard a crunch. A guy in a Grand Cherokee had rounded the gas pumps and nosed a little Blazer hard. I couldn't see his face but the girl in the Blazer was stunned. They both put it in reverse but the Cherokee kept going. I watched him back about 50 feet to the street and shoot off.

I took off after him in the Festiva but even at full throttle I watched him fade away (too much lead time and twice the cylinders). He ran the light at the B.A. expressway. That's when I decided to let him go. If I'd chosen to do the turbo when I built Flamestiva or had been driving my '94 XR2 I'd have nailed the guy. Or maybe 10 years younger when I had less fuzzy vision, I just couldn't see the plate well enough.
    1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
    1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
    1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
    FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Ah, yes, having a quick interceptor is nice sometimes.

On the other hand, the gas station may have video footage of the hit and runner to get the plate off of.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

ahahah dont worry he will get his one day
      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

what a blow hole its hard to believe people do stuff like that
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Another witness gave her the phone # for Quiktrip corporate so that she can check on the cameras.

I know some of you don't have QuikTrip convenience stores where you are, they're busier than a WalMart Supercenter. The girl said that her insurance would cover it under uninsured motorist but that's still a raw deal. Those of us paying insurance will still be footing the bill.

Oklahoma just passed legislation that lets the authorities impound vehicles that are uninsured. That was probably his deal. Even though it was technically on private property and he wouldn't be subject to that law.
          1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
          1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
          1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
          FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

Working...
          X