Exhaust on Ebay???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust on Ebay???

Has anyone on here purchased the cat back exhaust on Ebay for $147/shipped?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-93...Q5fAccessories

Just curious as to how it is.......... good deal?

Phil
    Last edited by hckrphil; 01-17-2011, 01:30 PM.
    My Whips:

That doesn't look bad at all.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I agree, looks pretty good IMO

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
      91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

does look like a good deal for a stock replacement. I wonder what the dia is for the pipe it doesnt say that in the listing but im sure its at least stock dia or better. but it is a great deal it even includes the muffler
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

It looks nice, If you do buy it I would spray it with exhaust paint so it doesn't rust away if it's cheap metal.
          91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
          14 C7 Z51

Comment

call a local muffler shop that does custom exhaust they could probally do it cheaper.

Comment

I'll call some shops today to see what they say in regards to a new cat-back exhaust..... What do you guys run for mufflers? It is a 1.3 litter, I'm not looking for a race sound or a soup can ricer sound....... quiet is good for me.

~Phil
              My Whips:

Comment

Originally posted by hckrphil View Post
                I'll call some shops today to see what they say in regards to a new cat-back exhaust..... What do you guys run for mufflers? It is a 1.3 litter, I'm not looking for a race sound or a soup can ricer sound....... quiet is good for me.

~Phil
                just tell them you want a oem replacement. it's probally a off brand any ways.
                it was going to cost me over $400 for a oem replacement for my subaru. the muffler shop did a 2.5in cat back with magnaflow muffler for $250 installed lifetime warrenty.

Comment

I believe it was advance that carries the stock replacement muffler for $25 or so. Direct fit with the flange and all.

That pipe could be bent up for pennies.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I know back when my wife had her first Festiva....... they quoted us $400 bucks to do the entire exhaust which was absurd........ that is what we paid for the car 2 years prior. We ended up selling the festiva (needing a muffler and rotting out) for $800. It was a great car while she had it. Now that I have my little 5 speed now, I'm hoping to keep it as long as I can
                    My Whips:

Comment

Originally posted by hckrphil View Post

~Phil
                      Muffler?? Muffler??

We don't need no stinking muffler......:p

Comment

I've had a local shop install my Magnaflow cat and muffler (that I took in) with their 2" pipe for around $150 or so. Done it twice. Good work.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

my dad (Tex Law on here) got stock replacement "S" pipe and muffler from our local NAPA store. the piping was a bit larger than stock, flanges met up perfectly on both ends, only adjustment needed was some of the hangers to keep the muffler from hitting the body.

-W.F.
                          Automotive Misfit

Comment

Working...
                          X