Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much you think a festiva should cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much you think a festiva should cost?

hi all.

i'm totally new to Festivas, but I've been checking them out locally on Craigslist for a while. Need a fuel efficient car....

Anyway, just wondering what you all think a "really nice" festiva should go for? I see prices typically around $650 (low end) to $1250 (high end) ... and then I see something like $2,000 (from a private owner), which seems kinda high to me, but was wondering what the experts think.

The ad says (for those who are interested) that the car is a 1993 Festiva with about 160,000 miles. The rest is pretty normal - 40 MPG's, new battery, brakes, tires (with extra set of tires), clean inside and out, very good running engine. No pictures, but I email requesting some.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Is $2,000 inline for what I imagine is a nice, though stock, Festiva?
    Thanks
    Matt

If it's really nice then $2000 wouldn't be out of line, especially when gas is this high and expected to get higher. Some times you get lucky and find one thats reasonable. Anything under a $1000 for a nice Festiva is a good price. You can always make an offer, see if they will take less. But as gas prices go up so do Festiva prices.
    '90 LX

Comment

Atleast around here prices seem to be higher for Festiva's. But I would agree that a nice festiva under 1000 is a good deal but more realistic I'd say 1,500 would buy you a pretty nice Festiva. and for 2,000 it would need to be almost pristine for me. (or have a bp :p) But really 2,000 is a pretty common asking price.

Is the one you described $2,000?
      Seems like it could be a bit high. Especially with the mileage. Although these engines can last forever 160,000 is still high.
      Last edited by Charlie1717; 01-21-2011, 02:40 PM.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Anything from FREE to $1500 is normal. I got one with a minor minor slipping clutch for $300, another with 150k ran good for $650 and another for $450 that had a noise in 3rd gear.
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

That makes me think, up my price and let them talk me down, or take off market till gas prices go higher, lol. Guess I'll have to flip a coin on this one.
          Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
          93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Or do what I do...... List it for a rediculous price and see if anyone calls!

Take a look http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...173208736.html

I get some funny responses! Most people say "do you really think that you will get that?" and I reply "No, but I also dont want to sell, but everything is for sale at the right price!" ......I usually get a response like "WOW I should try that!"

Comment

One bad thing though, is that I keep getting flagged! Here is the new link.

Comment

Originally posted by Darlo View Post
                One bad thing though, is that I keep getting flagged! Here is the new link.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...173359522.html
                Haha no offense if your actually trying to sell it but for only a grand more I got a loaded up RHD festiva with power everything and only 45k on it
                89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                  Haha no offense if your actually trying to sell it but for only a grand more I got a loaded up RHD festiva with power everything and only 45k on it
                  YOU PAID $4150 for a festiva!

And again, I dont want to sell it. I just want to see if someone will come along and buy it for that price. Anything less than that I would rather keep it.......:toothy5:

Comment

Working...
                  X