Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SHO front engine festy has it been done ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHO front engine festy has it been done ?????

a guy i know asked how strong the B3 was and if it could be beefed up a lil an turbo added i refered him to the site .....

20 mins later he asked whats the big deal about a SHO or doing the rear conversion to our cars an then said ..........

why hasnt anyone just did a front mount SHO motor an trans in a festy cuzz it would be sick jus think 90" wheelbase with a screaming monster V6 up front .........sooooo I didnt know what to say i searched for SHO mounted like this but nothing anyone know if its been done .....this guy is a friend an he rags about the festy to me he did when i had my 91 too but he likes the lil cars jus wants to know how much can be done
    Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

There is something for someone to try. there is a klze if Someone did a front sho swap it could be one awsome race.
    the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
    \/\_____________FORD
    FOREVER

Comment

maybe if you widened the frame... a lot! Look at how wide a SHOgun is in the back. Now look at how close together the frame rails on the front of a festy are. Moral of the story... anything can be done with enough time and a welder. And a custom suspension. And custom axles. And probably a good chunk of change. LOL But if someone has the time and money I'd love to see it done! Maybe a twin engine, front and rear?
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
        maybe if you widened the frame... a lot! Look at how wide a SHOgun is in the back. Now look at how close together the frame rails on the front of a festy are. Moral of the story... anything can be done with enough time and a welder. And a custom suspension. And custom axles. And probably a good chunk of change. LOL But if someone has the time and money I'd love to see it done! Maybe a twin engine, front and rear?
        A twin engine?!?! In a festiva?! ARE YOU MAD?! haha drool

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
          maybe if you widened the frame... a lot! Look at how wide a SHOgun is in the back. Now look at how close together the frame rails on the front of a festy are.
          Is the SHO engine with tranny wider than the KLZE with Probe tranny? I don't think damkid had to widen the frame rails any with the KLZE. So you may not have to widen the frame rails with a SHO engine?
          '90 LX

Comment

Im currently building a shogun , and in all seriousness , I really dont think it will fit. It would be even more of a PITA then putting it in the back.

Comment

the guy that asked me all this is a straight up HONDA N ACURA NUTCASE ...lol..... he literally bleeds hondalube ...an i knew damnkid did a up front v6 but didnt know about the SHO ......PhoenixSHO how is your project going ...somthing i thought of last night was a tube chassis wrapped in a festy shell for a SHO midship mount ...i got all kinds of ideas in my head but this unemployment thing is not helping with the buying an building part at all
              Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mattman View Post
                the guy that asked me all this is a straight up HONDA N ACURA NUTCASE ...lol..... he literally bleeds hondalube ...an i knew damnkid did a up front v6 but didnt know about the SHO ......PhoenixSHO how is your project going ...somthing i thought of last night was a tube chassis wrapped in a festy shell for a SHO midship mount ...i got all kinds of ideas in my head but this unemployment thing is not helping with the buying an building part at all
                The build in pics , multiple pages with multiple pics.

Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

Comment

Twin engine SHO festiva ?? something like this ??

Last edited by NovaSS; 01-22-2011, 10:43 AM.
                  money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

I think the biggest problem with attempting a SHO in the front would be axles, the reason mine wasn't too bad was because i didn't need to get custom axles, if the the SHO engine/trans will physically fit between the festiva frame rails then make some custom axles and away you go

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Hood will never close

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
                        Twin engine SHO festiva ?? something like this ??

did you already try it this way nova i see its a silver festy there

Comment

Just dropped the intake in there one day as a joke BUT since MINIGUN has SHO spindle up front that part i already done so I could try to force one in there and just have some axles cut down.
                          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

OOOOOOOooooooo the evil inside me says this should be done but the good inside me says stay with the B3 its more economical ...uh oh the evil side has a ball bat....

Comment

Originally posted by mattman View Post
                              OOOOOOOooooooo the evil inside me says this should be done but the good inside me says stay with the B3 its more economical ...uh oh the evil side has a ball bat....
                              Evil side- u want to go fast. you should do the swap and don't listen to the good side haha.
                              the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                              \/\_____________FORD
                              FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                              X