Oh how I love my new Festiva......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh how I love my new Festiva......

....It cost $350(Has nearly paid for itself in fuel savings).
    ....It runs and drives perfect.
    ....It has cut my monthly fuel bill from $400+ to ~$130 and shrinking.
    ....Parts are REMARKABLY cheap
    ....SUPER SUPER easy to work on

You guys have the right idea. I plan on keeping my Festiva on the road for AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. It's so cute and has so much character!!

Just sayin'

Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Couldn't agree with you more! I only bought my Festiva because my truck was killing my wallet. Now I'm addicted, online constantly finding out cool stuff about them and have so much more money to do anything.

Not only did my fuel cost go down from 400 to about 100 a month, my insurance went from 200 to 27 dollars a month!! I'm 18, can you believe that??

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Speaking of which, when I put mine on my insurance with my Grand Prix, my rate went up by LESS THAN $10 A MONTH!!!! HOLY CHEAP!!!!
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

you said it man i told the wifey about how they are an she says no my hyndai is great ...so i get my 93 having had a 91 an my parents owned 4 festy's ..so we filled up at the same gas station 4 hours from home an drove the same speeds all the way home ...an suprise her hyndai used a lil over 3 quaters a tank i used 1 3rd of a tank ....VICTORY FESTIVA HANDS DOWN .....DRIVE IT TILL IT DIES AN INSTALL ANOTHER MOTOR THEN REPEAT...LOL
        Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Festivas are the least expensive vehicle to own and operate hands down. You failed to mention yearly property taxes, about $10.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Yup, you guys are addicted. I'm sure you were told it would happen.

May as well enjoy it. There is no cure and no rehab either. :smile:
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
              Yup, you guys are addicted. I'm sure you were told it would happen.

May as well enjoy it. There is no cure and no rehab either. :smile:
              I used to be addicted to my truck and dirtbike, wasting every extra penny I had on them both. All i have been doing lately is doing the round headlight conversion, and some other things. And to think this was only supposed to be my commuter for a little while!

I'm gonna have at least one festiva for the rest of my life!

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
              91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                Festivas are the least expensive vehicle to own and operate hands down. You failed to mention yearly property taxes, about $10.
                "Total cost of operation" winner because of the following factors in order of cost effect.

1. Durability - average lifespan is 300,000 and RISING
                2. Ease of working on - even noobs can do it
                3. Parts are cheap - at mcparts and even cheaper if you just buy a parts car
                4. The crazy good MPG - people think that the great mpg makes it the cheapest. I put it at #4
                5. Insurance - Holy Cheap batman!!!
                6. taxes - Holy Cheap batman!!!
                Last edited by neanderpaul; 01-22-2011, 01:08 PM.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

The low cost of ownership is great, but even still, I just enjoy driving my Festy. It's easy to get in/out of, great visibility, good cargo room, easy to park and just plain fun to "zip" around traffic in. I love driving my Stang...the sound of the OHC V8 and the way it will plant you back in the seat, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the Festy. If I can get the B6T swap done, I won't have a reason to drive anything else! I just wish it had A/C or a fun top..... and sounded like a V8.
                  Last edited by blkfordsedan; 01-22-2011, 11:40 PM.
                  Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                  04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                  62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                  Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Thanks for reminding me why the Festiva is so cool. I don't/haven't even daily driven a Festiva, they are just fun. Glad you like it.
                    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                      The low cost of ownership is great, but even still, I just enjoy driving my Festy. It's easy to get in/out of, great visibility, good cargo room, easy to park and just plain fun to "zip" around traffic in.

Amen !
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                      X