bill of sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bill of sale

Ok quick question about a bill of sale. I tried finding the answer on Ks's dmv site but didnt find it. I am buying a car with no title and I was wondering if you guys have any experience with aquiring a new title. Will I be able to with a bill of sale or will it atleast make it easier?

I believe I found my answer as to how to apply for a new title but it was not specific if it has to be the person selling the car or the person that bought the car. But im hoping with a bill of sale I should be able to do it.

Comment

The duplicate title has to be applied for by the registered owner of car.
      Chuck
      Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
      If money will fix it, it's not broken
      91 GL -Ol' Rusty
      93 GL - Lil Red
      91 L - Tweetystiva
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

hum well problem is he has never had a title for it.. It was bought to swap the v8 over to the 4cyl. Ok I need some help deciding and you all being automotive enthusiast should be able to give me a good pros and con. Negatives. the black gt needs a new top and every window, possibly a trans or clutch and has no title. The red 4cyl needs a new top and possibly frame if it cant be bent back,quarter windows,front bumper,L headlight. The Pros- GT has black interior and the body is almost perfect,headers and CAI. The 4cyl has 4wheel disc and late 90's cobra rims. The guy doesnt know specifics on the 5lug conv or if the convertable frame can be fixed on the 4cyl or if the black one is fine. It seems that he bought them thinking he could swap parts from the GT and than realized he didnt know what he was doing. Now I figure 1500 over all is not a bad price considering it is two cars both with some mods.

Comment

title problems

Here in Iowa we can get a bonded title, the cost is $100, maybe you could check your state laws through the, i know this is a bad word but, your DMV. good luck.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Here in Colorado if the car hasn't been registered for five years and no title, you have to have bill of sale, get the car bonded, send a registered letter to last known titled person, put an add in newspaper and have state police run vin on car or motorcycle to make sure it hasn't been used in a felony case. Takes about month to complete all. Total cost is about 100.00 bucks.
            Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
            93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Thanks guys ill give the DMV a call on monday to see what they say. Just need to decide if this is the car/cars I want to go with. Their is another 92 but it is a notch which is a little better than the conv but I prefer the hatch. It was a 4cyl conv to v8 but still has 4cyl brakes but I need to call to get more details.

Comment

Give the numbers to the DMV. They can give you the last owners name and address. They will also tell you everything you need to do to get a title. Here in SD I got an abandoned car title for my 91GL for five bucks and a registered letter to the last owner.
                Chuck
                Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                If money will fix it, it's not broken
                91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                93 GL - Lil Red
                91 L - Tweetystiva
                http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Working...
                X