Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA emissions

:?: Hey everyone,
    as some of you know I'm leaving Pittsburgh in late March to move to CA. Driving my 88 L+ 4-speed across country!! (what fun!!)
    I posted this on the regional forums, but nobody responded, so please excuse me while I post it here .

Just wondering if you Festy fanatics in Southern CA could tell me if CA has both annual safety AND emissions testing like PA, or just Emissions?

I keep hearing how strict CA is, how bad is it really?
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Worse than PA in all categories especially if your Festy is just barely passing PA emissions... -Kyle
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Coworkers of mine gave up their festiva when they moved here from Iowa... allegedly they needed over a grand of junk to make their emission system legal here.

It sucked, they loved that car.

Emissions is all I worry about - I don't recall any sort of safety inspections here, on any of our cars.

Comment

Well, I think you'll be ok, even with CA's strict smog standards. You'll just have to pass the smog test every two years. Like you, I also have a 1988 4 speed L and its had no problem ever passing the smog test here.

Comment

Working...
        X