Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festie 88 or “stocked” Carbed

Festie 88 or “stocked” Carbed

…. I thought it would be interesting to get some idea how many 1988 Festiva's or stock Carbed Festie's are still left and running and hopefully well maintained out there. As far as I know 1988 was the only year that Festie had a carburetor in this country? :simon:

A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

88-89 where carbed, unless it was an automatic then its efi. Mine was originally carb and I did the efi swap, and mine is in pretty good shape, no rust or major dents and a clean original interior with the lx package. I suppose there aren't many nice ones left but your not gunna depreciate the value by swapping it by any means, all your doing is improving the car, think of it as equity in a home, do some work but only as much as your gunna get back unless your never gunna sell it.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Slick, my 89, is a carby. But not really stock. All the emissions stuff is gone. Runs like a champ. Can go out on a zero degree morning, after he's been sitting for a couple of days, and fire him up without touching the gas pedal.

Next...

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

My old '88 LX was in great condition and it still had all the stock carb parts and it ran pretty good. It was about to hit 200,000 miles when I sold it.
        '90 LX

Comment

Mines an 88lx great clean interior i redid some body work and my carb motor ran excellent for a year then i did full efi swap
          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

carbed

i got two 88,s

Comment

my 70 hp festie is stock carb, and runs like a champ. 1988 also.

Comment

I have an 88 and 89. Both carbed, the 88 is completely stock, the 89 is stock except I did away with emission stuff on the drivers side of the air cleaner.
                1960 willys pickup
                1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
                1989 festiva
                1990 festiva for parts
                1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

My DeathEgg ('88 carb 4 speed), is my DD. Just about to turn 226,000 miles. Quite rusty, and I think I only have 3 brakes working, but it's still going. Starts up even on very cold days.
                  If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                  Mark S.

Comment

88 Stock now with 73K miles

I drive it every day. Even with the missing Door handle. Unfortunately, my drive is so short, my fuel effeciency is down to 19mpg. Worst EVAR.
                    91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

1988 stock, 4 speed, easy starting hot or cold, great running, 40 mpg road, 32 mpg town.

Paul
                      Red Rocket 1988 L, 133,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, hit guard rail in snow, RIP, saved everything but body
                      Black Rocket 1988 L 207,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, engine, trans, wire harness, radiator from RR
                      Red Rocket 2 1988 L 138,XXX miles, 4 sp
                      White Rocket 1989 L 128,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC

Comment

90% of the ones for sale on west coast are carb I'm glad they run and served their owners and everything, but yeah.
                        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Well my 88L carby is still doing wonderfully! It has over 300,000 and still going. The 1.3L is getting a bit tired, but still doesn't burn a bunch of oil, she will go about 2500mi before adding a quart. It was making 200 mile round trips daily until I got laid off last Friday. So you can add it to your list of the Carby's living!

PS: Send me a couple of those Cali Carby's and I'll take care of them for you!
                          Last edited by kartracer46; 02-09-2011, 05:20 AM.
                          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
                          X