Sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold

Hey guys, i just wanted to say thanks for all the help with my Festiva...it got sold this morning. I caved and i'm buying a P71 Crown Vic. If i could afford to keep another car i would've kept the old Fester but my parking space is limited and i have two other cars as it is. It sure was a great DD and if i ever get out of this apartment and into my own house with more space i really want a clean rust free Festiva for a turbo engine swap. Until then you guys stay safe and keep on keepin on

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Don't kid yourself. You'll still be around!

Come back and show us some pics of that P71! I've got a grand marquis myself, I'd be interested!
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

no reason to say goodbye.....you can hang even with an inferior car
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

any plans for the vic?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
          Hey guys, i just wanted to say thanks for all the help with my Festiva...it got sold this morning. I caved and i'm buying a P71 Crown Vic. If i could afford to keep another car i would've kept the old Fester but my parking space is limited and i have two other cars as it is. It sure was a great DD and if i ever get out of this apartment and into my own house with more space i really want a clean rust free Festiva for a turbo engine swap. Until then you guys stay safe and keep on keepin on
          As great as our little cars are, those panthers last forever too. My brother's grand marquis has 240k and runs like a clock. Good luck!
          BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

Well, if money ever permits, i'd love to someday drop the new Coyote 5.0 in it but that'll probably never happen. Realistically i might look into swapping a Cobra 4.6 into it with the stock Eaton blower just for some extra power. It's really just for cruising and DD'ing so it doesn't need to be crazy fast..just needs enough ass to get out of its own way in a hurry. I have it narrowed down to two cars right now, i have to drive to check out the second one but it's black and the other car is white and i really want black one. They're both about the same mileage and price so i'm holding out for the black car. It's gonna be like night and day driving a Festiva and then a Crown Vic lol.

Comment

Yeah I said goodbye a year and a half ago. Guess what I am back in the market again. Festivas are too hard to leave forever. I am scared of what it will be in 20 tears or so.
              -Bryant

Comment

i've been contemlpating going over to the aspire side..

Comment

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
                  It's gonna be like night and day driving a Festiva and then a Crown Vic lol.
                  I've had my '93 Mercury Grand Marquis for a few years now. I love the acceleration and luxury of the ride, but I can't stand spending upwards of $50 a week on gas.

It sure is a night and day difference between the two... I think you'll need to keep both a Festiva and a Crown Vic, each one has it's benefits!
                  -Zack
                  Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Well, you could say i've been adapting to lower mpg since the Fester was getting low to mid 20mpg ever since it got cold out, and the Vics are supposed to get around that. I also drive a '98 Cherokee which averages about 15mpg so i'm happy with 20s in something as big and roomy and comfy as a Crown Vic. If i didn't have the Jeep and my Mustang i would have kept the Festiva but i can't have 4 cars.

Comment

Its funny you're going from a Festy to a Panther and I'm considering the opposite. I'm getting a Festy before I sell the Panther though, so I just may keep both.

I love my Crown Vic. Its basically a tank in disguise as a car. I like the pick up of my v8 and the sound of it too. And it is quiet and feels very secure driving around these nuts and their SUVs.

I won't be looking forward to the transition to a 1700 lb car in that respect, but otherwise I'd love a Festy for its own reasons, esp the efficiency. Right now with gas prices I can't stand having to spend so much gas. Mine gets mid 20s overall mpg, which isn't bad for the car's size at all, but still....

Comment

Working...
                      X