Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasket talk

Hello people of FF.com!

I plan on getting a BP this spring and I thought, while the motor is out, that it's a good idea to change all the gaskets.

I saw some some on eBay for 35$ and thats sounds - and is- like crap. Others, like Rock Products, seem to fall between Felpro and the ultra-cheapo ones.

What do you guys use? OEM kit is 350$ so let's not talk about this please.
    J-S

'93L "Pepestiva" - 160 miles old Road Slave

I've generally used Felpro as I've never had a problem with them and they are usually available on a next day basis if not in stock at the parts stores around here. Usually between $75 and $125 for a complete HG kit.
    BTW got anymore pics of the wagon in your avatar?
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I buy the $35.00 gasket sets and use everything in the kit but the head gasket. I buy a "name brand" head gasket. All the other gaskets seem to be as good a quality as the higher priced name brand stuff, especially the valve cover gasket which I see no difference in quality.
      You gonna race that thing?
      http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

One year ago I bought a $35 kit for my BP swap in the festiva. By the summer I had replaced many of those gaskets. I was not happy with it, but at the same time paying $400 for a good kit is ridiculous. I never know what to do in these situations as the $35 looks sooo good. I would recommend not touching the Ebay kit.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
        -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Working...
        X