warped head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warped head

so the head gasket goes out on your car.....you replace it but (stupid you) you forget to check if the head was warped. put it all back togather and everything is peachy. runs good. about 1000 miles later the car starts running like crap....then you find milk under your oil cap...sound about right?

btw...you=me :evil:
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

I HATE when that happens. :evil:
    some of lifes kessons are not only painful, but exspensive.
    sorry about your luck :wink:
    Lobo
    it's hard being cool.
    88 Festiva L
    99 V92C

Comment

i took it down last night and it doesnt look as if the head is warped and the head gasket didnt look bad but looks can be decieving right? i put a strait edge on the head and i could barely see space in the middle.....BARELY. it doesnt look warped but im taking it in on lunch to see what they say. hopefully it isnt in the block which i dont see that happening bc it barely got warm as cold as it has been and it had antifreeze in it. where can you get new head bolts? i dont want to reuse mine for the 3rd time. im getting to where working on my car is second nature to me. good thing these cars are a breeze to work on. luckaly this whole thing wont cost me over 100 bucks to do. in the meantime get the privlage to drive my stepdads 88 olds cutlas cierra with no working front doors :shock:
      90 L FI..second B3
      90 L Parts car
      Jay

Comment

Don't forget, spec's are .006 or less I believe. I can't see .006".....Need to use a feeler gauge. Might check on having the head surfaced also.

Don

Comment

ya i took it in yesterday...it was warped. getting it back at lunch today and hopefully have it all back togather in just a little while after work....got a pool tournament to attend tonight
          90 L FI..second B3
          90 L Parts car
          Jay

Comment

well the guy at the machine shop showed me that the head WAS warped. put it all back togather and still runs like crap...guess i have more problems than one. hopefully i can make a trip up to ohio and pick up mats spare b3 before he gets rid of it :shock:
            90 L FI..second B3
            90 L Parts car
            Jay

Comment

Working...
            X