No announcement yet.

Today sucked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to Auto Zone today to get a fuel filter for thev 'Tiva (the one on it now looks to be the original one , very rusty lookin'). None in any AZ store or warehouse. Will take 5 days for one to come in. Ofcourse I'll look around at other stores. Oh , 2 models one was $22. & other was $39.60!
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

had the same problem on my 89 f150 turned out to be a relay.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
        Tomorrow Im going to test to make sure power is getting to the plug for the pump,
        THAT'S a good idea...if it messes up again.

I've had 2 friends within the past year that have changed in-tank pumps and stil no start. Both of them had a broken wire at the plug for the fuel pump. Tho neither one was a Ford (1 Chrysler, 1 GM).

Sounds like you got it under control with the filter change.

Comment

Ok, I've let my gas get down to below half a tank. I wanted to see what the gas in my tank looked like so I took the truck and drove it around the block a couple of times, swerving back and forth, hitting the brakes and then the gas pedal cause i wanted anything on the bottom of the tank to get will mixed up. I brought the truck home, took line off the back of the filter and had my wife turn the key about five times and filled up a glass jar. The gas is real clear. So I'm hoping anything that was in there got caught in the old filter. Im going to change the new filter one more time after I run two more tanks of gas thru it and this time I'm going to get good gas. Truck is running great now.
          Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
          93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Good to hear.

Comment

I feel bad for you, but I know your problem. F1 fix me. Nuff said ;P
              :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Working...
              X