Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say it isn't so

GM's answer to future city cars.
    Navigating the latest transportation technology, Translogic explores where mass transit, concept cars, electric vehicles and new transportation will take us.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

wow.... this is why gm went bankrupt... a company that spends millions on a project that will never return any revenue is destined to fail...
    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

You are correct, it is designed to fail. Can you say "tax write off"
      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Its a decent idea but I don't see it taking off any time soon. They'd need to find the resources to install it into a big city to make any kind of impact on the general population.

The bad thing is though... I can see people sending their toddlers to preschool in them. This world is doomed.
        -Zack
        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

I would think cities like Tokyo and Hong Kong would be more willing to test this than image conscious American cities. We've had this technology all this time. People could have been riding electric bicycles if they wanted. People just don't want it.

Comment

There's been a decent number of these types of concepts over the past few years. I think they're more a demonstration of what is possible; not what is practical. I don't expect to be cruising in one of these any time soon.
            BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

Impractical & lame.....yes but it is interesting & is a stepping stone to endless possibilities that I might see else where when I'm rocking in the Depends years :tongue3:
              Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

sooooooo?

someone beat you to the punch and made a hi performance Segway before you?

I am the original

Comment

Um, okay. I'm glad we loaned them how many billions of dollars, so they could stay in business and try to sell us all on riding around in electric fishbowls..

The concept is interesting. What I don't understand is why they don't simply go back to the EV-1 platform, and tweak as needed.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

This is what the future will be like?

I'm sorry, but the future looks retarded. :tard:
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I can't see anyway they could effectively and safely integrate those into a city street setting without creating lanes/areas just for them.
                      Driving a normal car around in the same area would be like driving down a street full of young kids on bikes.
                      I like the concept but don't see it happening.
                      Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                      1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

And people call a festiva small.
                        1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                        1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                        1983 Chevy Elcamino
                        1993 Ford Festiva GL
                        2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                        some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

Originally posted by econoaddict View Post
                          I like the concept but don't see it happening.

you forget that we have the morons in California

I am the original

Comment

and i thought that the aspire looked like an egg! lol i would rather die then drive one of those around...... i wanna have power and not be in something that cannot even get out of its own way! and yeah there would have to be so many changes to current roads ect. to accomadate to the things that it would cost the tax payes a ton of money!

gm= epic fail! :tard:

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
                            1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
                            R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
                            00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
                            03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
                            pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
                            Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
                            Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
                              gm= epic fail! :tard:
                              Agreed. I dis-own gm and will never drive one of their vehicles

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                              91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Working...
                              X