Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

What's the going price for a new set of Festiva tires. Just the standard 12" ones. A local tire store said they can sell a Goodride tire for $65 each installed.

Prices can vary a lot. I recommend going with JY 13" Metro tires/rims. While you can still get 12s, 13s are easier to find and you have a much better quality selection. Save your best 12s for use as full-size spares.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I use to pay 27-$28.00 apiece, now there double that.

Originally posted by JimFestiva View Post
      What's the going price for a new set of Festiva tires. Just the standard 12" ones. A local tire store said they can sell a Goodride tire for $65 each installed.
      A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

$65 mounted, balanced (I assume) and installed is a pretty good price for 12" tires. If you like the car as it is now and don't feel like doing any swap projects anytime soon, I'd grab them.

I'm with TominMo though. 13" wheels will allow a much better tire selection and will be much easier to find tires for in the future.

What are your plans for your car? If you want to keep it original, then get the 12" tires. If you have any plans to upgrade to bigger brakes, then you'll be forced to buy bigger rims.

Aspire brakes will need at least 13" rims (and wheels with a 4x100mm bolt pattern). Capri brakes need a minimum of 14" rims (with the stock Festiva 4x114.3mm bolt pattern). If you choose to go with Capri brakes, you could get 14" rims that will fit your car now and be re-used later after the swap.

Another option would be to get some aftermarket 14" wheels with a dual bolt pattern (4x100mm and 4x114.3mm). Rims like these will fit any brake swap.
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I just got two 12" tires installed today from my local tire shop for $65, mounted and balanced. It seemed reasonable to me so i would grab them for $65......He had to order them in but it basically only took one business day with no extra charges for next day service. I am new at this with my little ole Festiva and have found everyone on this site very helpful!

Comment

I can buy a whole set of 145/80/R12 brand new for $126 (plus $50 install if I recall correctly). Take a look at this link!

I also was able to buy a used set of studded winters with 90% tread with chains for $120! On original rims too!

Comment

.... $126.00, something to be considered. I've never seen tire chains like these before although my wife said she has, somewhere out in the north west. I wonder what the advantage is other than maybe price and maybe quick install. I also wonder if these chains are made by PEERLESS?

Originally posted by Darlo View Post
              I can buy a whole set of 145/80/R12 brand new for $126 (plus $50 install if I recall correctly). Take a look at this link!

I also was able to buy a used set of studded winters with 90% tread with chains for $120! On original rims too!

A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I may just take the deal for the local tires. Looks like a fair price.

Comment

Just one more question. I have seen 145 and 165 width tires listed for my Festiva. It has 155 now. What was the original tire size for the low end regular rims?

Comment

145/80-12. 165/70-12 was optional.

Usually, if the aspect ratio (the 80 in 145/80-12) isn't listed, it's 80.

If your tires say 155R-12, the aspect ratio is 80%
                    Last edited by JPT; 02-15-2011, 08:26 PM.
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                    X