See Ya Guys.... Im out of here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You belong here Nova!!!
    Even though I do have a few things here to remind me of your work :-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

At least here, you get a warning. There are computer forums that I have been on that will give you a 5 day "vacation" for the first language violation. Two more and you're gone.

A Mitsubishi forum I frequent (dsmtalk.com) will ban you just for improper grammar, spelling and sentence structure. It's called "Rule 7" and it's vigorously enforced. The funny thing is they use "inappropriate language" (and there are spelling mistakes too!) to describe the rule.

This place is laid back compared to some forums.

I find myself using inappropriate language often (in real life, I use inappropriate language all the time). I can't count how many times I've gone back and edited a post to change a few words.

Just proof read what you write before you post.
      Last edited by JPT; 02-20-2011, 08:40 AM.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I agree with Nova. The stuff that is considered "language violation" here is pretty ridiculous. And it varies too. Who decides what's appropriate? Even if you follow the rules (like posting with no letters) it can be considered "offensive". I got a warning for using all special characters replacing an "offensive" word.

I actually like JPT's forum rule, but that would remove most of the posts around here

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do Nova!
        Last edited by perucho; 02-20-2011, 10:19 AM.
        Oscar

Comment

I think the language rules are great. There is many younger eyes looking at the forums. I get it sometimes you are mad at or about something and want to rant, that's what the arena is for. Maybe it's because I'm lazy but I just don't get adding in all of the choice words, I've seen forums where swearing is allowed and other than looking like the wall of a truck stop bathroom, in a large post a poster could swear 10-30 times! Thats words that don't need to be there and as such words I wouldn't have to type! Imagine how much longer your keyboard would last! Lol.

-Scott
          Aqua 93 L
          Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
          White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by leapin View Post
            I think the language rules are great. There is many younger eyes looking at the forums. I get it sometimes you are mad at or about something and want to rant, that's what the arena is for.
            Perfect. I couldn't in good conscience hang out here like I do if the language rules weren't in place. My nephews use to hang out here with me too. I would not have brought them here if it was full of bad language.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Nova jus take a break an get some rest sounds like work has you worn out ..i love your work on miniguns an would hate to see ya go that project is a inspiration ..as for the language thing ive seen alot of sorta off key stuff big deal doesnt bother me an as a friend of mine who used to run a forum for sportbikes learned language is covered under the 1st amendment in freedom of speech ( he was sued for telling people how they could talk on his forum an lost ) ...i look before i type an i know i mispell an have terrible skills on the comp

i just hate to see ya leave so hang around ok
              Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mattman View Post
                as a friend of mine who used to run a forum for sportbikes learned language is covered under the 1st amendment in freedom of speech ( he was sued for telling people how they could talk on his forum an lost )
                Highly doubt we are talking about the same type of moderation....this is a private site...not public. We can make whatever rules we wish. We also do not have to allow people to join...no way we can be sued for that. Ready for court if need be.
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Geneva im sure your right an i know he had alot of questionable stuff going on that he always complained about i jus remembered it thats all ....court over a site would be silly anyways ....as for me i try to watch what i type i slip here an there but try to catch it before i hit send ...i know people kids get on here or watch when parents are on ....an i dont wanna be that guy to learn them new phrases ya know what i mean .....Nova i think you should hang around though you have mad skills an alot of us really love your work
                  Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

He is not leaving....I refuse to let him out of his contract!!!
                      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      There ain't no rest for the wicked
                      until we close our eyes for good.
                      I will sleep when I die!
                      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                        He is not leaving....I refuse to let him out of his contract!!!
                        awsome that works

Comment

Get some sleep Mike!!
                          1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                          1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                          1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                          1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                          1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                          1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                          1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Gonna miss ya! I have a guy here in Hertford that may want to talk to you. I think he is already on the SHO forum. He wants to build one too.
                            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                              I know one mod who wants you to stick around.
                              make that two...
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                                make that two...
                                X3... Is it really worth ditching everyone here thats been watching your build from the ground up rather than take a few seconds to reread a post before hitting submit?
                                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                                X