Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook story

Hi all,
    A friend of mine on FB asked her friends to make up a story about how we met; she wanted us to just lie about it to see how creative we all were. This is what I wrote:

'I approached cautiously, yet with a spring in my step, in the hope that the elusive "object" I was hunting would be here. My sources said to be careful; that you would be quick with the witty comeback should I speak the wrong words. As I swung open the door and entered, something within told me that this was indeed the right place.

You smiled. Who knew that the person charged with the storage of the "object" could be so becoming! I almost dared not speak the words and ask you for the "object"; what if I was wrong, and that my search would not be ending here, in this strange yet somehow familiar place, but elsewhere in my travels? I smiled at you and asked the question, hoping against hope that you not only had the object, but that you would spare me the sarcastic wit that was known far and wide to tear men apart. "I'll take an oil filter for my Festiva, please" I said. With no pause and without batting an eye, you replied "Sure, that sounds like a fair trade!" D'oh! Damn that wit! We've remained friends since that chance encounter.'
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

:laughing5::toothy7::toothy10::laughing8: :laughing3: :laughing6::lol::laughing7::laughing2: Well of course a Festy had to fit into the story somewhere we are all addicted/afflicted w/ this great Festiva disease :tongue3:
    Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

hahaha.....that question must have been going around....A recent addition to my friends through PackRat, asked the same question....here was my response.....

I remember the first time I met Jerry.....I was driving down the road in my Festiva thinking about this new book I wanted to get. I turned a corner and saw this huge truck coming towards me. There was this guy driving with a really big smil...e ,as he noticed my car he veered into my lane and was heading straight at me. At first I thought WTF, but then I noticed it was a bookmobile. I couldn't believe it at first but then it dawned on me that he must have known I was looking for a good book to read. Well just before we hit head on I slammed on my brakes and he did the same. we both jumped out of our vehicles at the same time and started yelling...I was like " What the hell is going on? How did you know I was looking for a book?" He was screaming ," What the hell is going on? How did you know I was looking for a Festiva?" We both paused an started laughing. I told him I had no idea what he was talking about but I needed a book. He suggested that I climb inside his truck and see if he had what I needed....so I did. Next thing I knew he jumped in my car and took off. All 63 horses pulling away from me with slightly screeching tires. I was in shock....the tires actually spun on my car....I jumped in the drivers seat and gave chase. We ran all over the city , up and down streets and through parking lots till finally he got caught at a light in a bunch of traffic. I jumped out and ran up to the car....he jumped out and asked if I found a book....I was like...really? I said..."how did you expect me to look for a book while I was chasing him down." He just laughed , said " well no worries, I have your book right here." Out of no where he pulled out a Haynes manual. I was like, "no way, that's exactly what I was looking for." He replied , "that's why I am Book Mobile Man!" He stuck out his hand and said " Jerry at your service." I said, " thanks Book Mobile Man, Willie is my name and I am off to swap the engine in my car for a turbo motor. I must be on my way." That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Two good shorts

Now thats a great short story with a fairytale ending.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Very entertaining, both stories.
          Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

Working...
          X