Go fix this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0z0ne View Post
    Again, you guys just keep gracing me with such wonderful words about the Festies, so thanks so much!

Also, I keep seeing the term here...but what does B6 mean?
    B6 signifies an engine subseries from the B series engines from Mazda. The B6 was not included in the Festiva, but the B3 was. The B3 is a 1.3L carburated single overhead cam engine.
    "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
    --Anonymous

Comment

^ Here it starts! :iconbiggrin:

A B6 is a 1.6 liter Mazda B-series 4 cylinder. Basically a larger version of what you have now (a B3).

A B6 makes 82 HP and 92 lb-ft of torque.

A B3 makes 63 Hp and 73 lb-ft.

It's an easy swap. basically like replacing what you already have.

Originally posted by chaosdrifter06 View Post
      B6 signifies an engine subseries from the B series engines from Mazda. The B6 was not included in the Festiva, but the B3 was. The B3 is a 1.3L carburated single overhead cam engine.
      B3s can be fuel injected too. Mine is.
      Last edited by JPT; 02-24-2011, 10:14 PM.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Welcome! Where're you from, OzOne? It's always great to hear about newcomers to the Festiva world!
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Chaos and JPT, it's a bit clearer now.
          Perhaps one day i will do a swap, but for the moment...my stock "B3" is bringing me great pleasure!

Where're you from, OzOne? It's always great to hear about newcomers to the Festiva world!
          DriverOne!
          I am orignally from the Massachusetts/ New Hampshire border, but went to school in Portland, Or. I've always considered myself a west-coaster, but for now, i'm here in Chicago! It's been my home since November and hopefully shan't be for more than a year (from now).
          1991 Festiva L "The HobbitMobile" or "The Hobbit" :cam:

Do you not understand? TO LOSE IS TO DIE!

Comment

Working...
          X