Smart total electric for lease in Tulsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart total electric for lease in Tulsa

The Tulsa World ran an article the other day about the newly available Smart electric car. The Smart car dealer is now offering the converted Smart car that gets 87 miles to the gallon and travels 84 miles on a 3 1/2 hour charge.

They are leasing them for $599.00 a month for 4 years terms. Even at $3.00/ gallon thats 200 gallons of gas you'd have to save to justify the lease. I can travel 8000 miles at 40 miles per gallon and I can fuel to full in 1 minute tops.

SMART??

Oh, I forgot, they come with an exclusive green accent color to show how much you care about the environment.

I had originally thought of using SMARTER on my custom tag but rejected it since it might come off wrong and most would probably not understand what it really meant.
    1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
    1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
    1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
    FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

You can get a silhouette of a smart with a "x" over it and have "SMARTer" underneath it. I plan in doing that soon.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

My Smart car

sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
        You can get a silhouette of a smart with a "x" over it and have "SMARTer" underneath it. I plan in doing that soon.
        Could start with one of these maybe...
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I just knocked this out in MSpaint

Last edited by neanderpaul; 02-21-2011, 11:43 AM.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

My parents used to have an 06' diesel smart car (not available in the states) and my dad would average 70mpg with the summer tires and only 50mpg with the winter tires on it, the toyota Yarisl gets 50mpg and it seats 4, the smart car is not really practical and the servicing is supposed to be done at a Mercedes dealer, so servicing was expensive

So bottom line is the money you'd save on fuel with a smart car, you need to put towards paying for it and maintaining it, they are just not worth the money and festiva's are more superior as far as cheap overall transportation

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
              I just knocked this out in MSpaint

That is good, but how about "Festiva. The Smarter Car"?
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

The idea is that you put that on your festiva. The sticker then means the smart car is not smart the festiva is smarter.

Comment

^ Oh, I get now.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      My parents used to have an 06' diesel smart car (not available in the states) and my dad would average 70mpg with the summer tires and only 50mpg with the winter tires on it, the toyota Yarisl gets 50mpg and it seats 4, the smart car is not really practical and the servicing is supposed to be done at a Mercedes dealer, so servicing was expensive

So bottom line is the money you'd save on fuel with a smart car, you need to put towards paying for it and maintaining it, they are just not worth the money and festiva's are more superior as far as cheap overall transportation
                      I still remember before I bought my first car that my dad taught me there were many things to consider when choosing a vehicle. He showed me all the different costs associated with driving his car at the time including, fuel, insurance, service costs and more. He went through all these things and showed me how much it actually cost him to drive each mile.

It just seemed funny to me that the electric Smart car folks will be paying $599 per month lease fee plus $90.00 per month "fuel" cost. Assuming they drive one full charge per day (90 miles?) in a 30 day month they would be paying 25 cents per mile to drive. My Festy, traveling the same number of miles at 40 MPG would cost me 7 1/2 cents per mile to own and drive. I don't have to visit Der mechanic either.

I imagine most people that lease one of those things will average between 50% and 75% of max range each day which would end up increasing their ownership and "fuel" costs to 50 cents per mile or more. Would a taxi be more cost effective?

Comment

^ That doesn't sound too "Smart" to me. :smile:

Comment

Originally posted by tulsacarman View Post
                          ...It just seemed funny to me that the electric Smart car folks will be paying $599 per month lease fee plus $90.00 per month "fuel" cost. Assuming they drive one full charge per day (90 miles?) in a 30 day month they would be paying 25 cents per mile to drive.

...I imagine most people that lease one of those things will average between 50% and 75% of max range each day which would end up increasing their ownership and "fuel" costs to 50 cents per mile or more.
                          ^ That doesn't sound too "Smart" to me. :icon_smile:

I'd lease something small and fuel efficient for waaaay less than $599 a month and keep the extra money.
                          Last edited by JPT; 02-21-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                            ^ That doesn't sound too "Smart" to me. :icon_smile:

I'd lease something small and fuel efficient for waaaay less than $599 a month and keep the extra money.
                            Yeah, but to be fair, aren't those things soooo blasted cute?

Comment

^^i think they are ugly lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                              X