I've forgotten just how fun..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've forgotten just how fun..

A Seafoam treatment in the afternoon can be! I did about 3 of them a hour a piece the neighbors are in awe! The 3rd time I advanced the timing a bit my god the cloud was the best of all the 3! Extended the entire block and around the corner! Now just hope the fire and PD doesn't show up.

Truthfully this is the first time I've did a Seafoam treatment in years. On other cars it rarely did anything but I have a feeling with the Aspire it'll be different. The other cars was well taken care of so probably not alot to clean. I might just go back to doing a treatment every year or so.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

looks like your avg fuelly will be increasing in your signature !
    93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

What vacuum hose did you use?

Just wondering because this is something I've been wanting to do.
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
        looks like your avg fuelly will be increasing in your signature !
        Well I did it on the Aspire so unfortunately no. The Festiva really isn't worth doing it on since the valve stem seals leak. If I get those fixed I'll go get a can.

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
        What vacuum hose did you use?

Just wondering because this is something I've been wanting to do.
        I used the brake booster. Pulled if of and plugged it with my finger. Tilted the can slightly so I basically pouring it in along with the suction of the engine. Let it set for a hour on the first 2 15 minutes on the last. Maybe it was a good thing since I noticed a crack in the line.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Should have made a video.

I once had the idea for setting up a "While You Drive" Seafoam treatment. A piece of vacuum line, a small container and a valve that could be operated from inside the car. It would be perfect for those times when some "rectum" rides your tail. Just wait for a no passing zone, open the valve and drive it like it blew up. :smile:
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post

I once had the idea for setting up a "While You Drive" Seafoam treatment. A piece of vacuum line, a small container and a valve that could be operated from inside the car. It would be perfect for those times when some "rectum" rides your tail. Just wait for a no passing zone, open the valve and drive it like it blew up. :smile:
            It's called a diesel
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
              It's called a diesel

I would so do that...especially around here. Rhode Islanders and butts LOVE to tailgate.
              "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
              --Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by chaosdrifter06 View Post
                I would so do that...especially around here. Rhode Islanders and butts LOVE to tailgate.
                I see that the derogatory term that you used to describe people from Massachusetts has been "edited"

Anyway...

Excuse me?!?

The state of Massachusetts and it's people are some of the finest in the country. You're just upset because you live in our brain-dead little sister state of Rhode Island. :razz:

BTW, R.I. stands for "Retarded Idiots" :tongue3:
                Last edited by JPT; 02-22-2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Ha Ha Ha... love it.
                  If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I have done this.... lol
                    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                    RIP 90LX

Comment

^x2 quart bottle of atf feeding the intake with a purge solenoid to turn the smoke off and on, kinda like a stunt plane.

Comment

I see that the derogatory term that you used to describe people from Massachusetts has been "edited"

Anyway...

Excuse me?!?

The state of Massachusetts and it's people are some of the finest in the country. You're just upset because you live in our brain-dead little sister state of Rhode Island. :razz:

BTW, R.I. stands for "Retarded Idiots" :tongue3:

Oh, they're brain dead alright....but I gotta hand it to you Massachusetts people....at least you don't have stoplights on your on ramps like Californians do...which means you drive better.
                        "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
                        --Anonymous

Comment

^ actually, I should stop sticking up for Massachusetts drivers. We have some really DUMB people behind the wheel here.

But then, they are everywhere. I've driven in many states and stupid can be found all over.

Comment

Stop lights on on ramps are protrees
                            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                            X