Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
    avgas ( 100 octain avaition gas) is $5.20 a gallon right now
    That's what we are paying for 87 oct right now!

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

• $3.69 here ($3.73 at a couple of places), lowest we paid on the trip was I think $3.49. Gotta get Chuck back on the road ASAP! Lol I'm starting to feel less and less remorseful about my decision to simply replace the head gasket on the B3 and throw it back in instead of continuing to look for a suitable (and suitably priced) B8/BP lol.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• $3.75 - 3.79 in Tampa. I still can't log on to Fuelly.
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
          $3.75 - 3.79 in Tampa. I still can't log on to Fuelly.
          Weird, Fuelly was down a couple of days ago for a few hours, but since then I have been able to log on just fine??? I just added my wife's fuel up a couple minutes ago, and it was working fine!

Comment

• Well, here we go again .....out of storage !

Am going to get the old '99 Dodge Ram out today for going to a memorial service with a friend, just to drive the truck to keep it a bit active, ha ! It has been sitting in garage a good 5 weeks, so gonna move her around to limber her up some. It is a 3/4 ton 4 X 4, maybe if I pray really hard, and cruise it at around 55, it might make HALF the mileage of Festiva ??
            Hard to believe, but regular fuel here is still at $3.47, diesel at $4.03 a gal.

:laughing2:

Well, wish me luck !

Comment

• Are you seriously saying you can get 20-25 mpg out of that?
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• lol. its 3.75 here. The festiva isnt on the road yet, but with the aspire im going almost 3 weeks between fill-ups. I love it. My co-workers all drive pickups, so as they complain about the price of gas i just laugh.
                1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• 4.04 here time to move!

Comment

• 3.85 now here in Dallas. BTW I saw hummer with license "low mpg"

Comment

• Paid 4.15 yesterday for 87 octane. I'm getting about 30mpg in my auto festiva driving rather peppy. I'm not complaining.

Comment

• 3.65 this morning, 3.90 this afternoon.
                        -Bryant

Comment

• Hi guys, I FINALLY got into Fuelly. Since I record most of my fillups in my budget software I had some old details to get some data loaded straight away. I must say I'm nowhere near some of you guys, but I live in a mountainous area so that's probably part of it.

As for fuel prices since we pay in Litres here I had to use Fuelly to convert everything to US Gallons. Average price: $5.01/gallon. Last fill: $5.83/gallon. - 91 octane in US measurements. Most of our 87 is E10 which I don't touch so maybe the $5/gallon mark isn't so bad afterall :S

I used to use 97 octane in my previous car (not a festiva)
                          Last edited by Click_It; 05-13-2011, 07:57 PM.
                          200,000KM milestone!

Comment

• If you check your manual, you will see that you should be buying the 87 octane, and anything more than that is just a waste. (I run 87 octane, and get 48 in the summer, and I have also tried (for fun) to run 91 octane to see if it helps, and it does not.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Darlo View Post
                              If you check your manual, you will see that you should be buying the 87 octane, and anything more than that is just a waste. (I run 87 octane, and get 48 in the summer, and I have also tried (for fun) to run 91 octane to see if it helps, and it does not.)
                              Does your 87 have ethanol in it though? All our 87 is E10 which apart from worse fuel economy is bad to continue using in our cars is it not? But you raise a good point, your economy is much superior to mine and using lower octane at that. Something to look into.
                              200,000KM milestone!

Comment

• $5.14 a gallon here in Sask, $1.36 a litre and a us gallon is 3.78 litres, everyone likes them big trucks..... ha

Comment

Working...
                                X