No announcement yet.

Not Receiving E-mail Responses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... Ok I've done the Updating as requested, you already know and just read your PM 11:10 a.m. and I am able to POST again apparently with this POSTING. This puts us back to receiving E-mails which, of course, hasn't happened since 02-24-11 but I will let you know as soon as I receive the FIRST one.

Thanks and standing by.

_______:computer:________

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
    I've changed your email on your account. Go in and fix it for me please.
    A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

Alright... Another test. I'm going to send you an email from MY FF.com email account. Let me know if you receive it.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Actually... I see the same errors for anyone using a Comcast account. I've changed a setting, let's see if that helps.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Comcast just sucks!
          Had them for 2+ yrs, way overpriced.
          At one point in time you could get 3G WiFi cheaper a month than Concast broadband to your home.
          Have they implemented a cap to your download per month yet?

Oops, does Concast count as a retailer?
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Eh, I'll make the executive decision that Comcast doesn't count...

Been paying them $135 a month for TV and Cable since our "promo deal" ran out... Called in to see what they could do to lower my bill. I had to add Triple Play, which includes a phone, to drop the bill to $109 a month.

Now... How does that add up? Add another service, save money... I asked what they could do without adding phone, and there was nothing... Besides dropping my internet speeds from 20MB to 1.5 MB, and dropping the available channels.

So - In effort to save some cash since I had just lost my job. I went that route. But couldn't handle the 1.5 MB speeds, so added triple play yesterday. Still... Saving more money now than I was paying before, so I guess it works out.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

.... No, I have NOT received any E-mails from FF.com as of this POSTING 3-06-11, 05:45 p.m. sorry to say. :sad4:

Alright... Another test. I'm going to send you an email from MY FF.com email account. Let me know if you receive it.

Comment

Weird... I'm not seeing the failure emails anymore at this point. I changed a key setting that various other sites who were having the same problems posted about doing.

Nothing in Spam or anything like that?
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

.... Not as far as I know but they do have a cap on me for sending too many E-mails, which doesn't take very long with my E-mail list. They'll cut me off for twenty four hours, sometimes less, then turn me back on. Of course, they don't tell you this when you sign up! When I go over my limit they want to sell me a commercial license.

Originally posted by PU241

__________CoMcast______ this is the correct spelling of Comcast. This is most likely a typo on your part and does NOT, I hope, reflect my address somewere in vBulletins system.

Thanks again

____:neutral:____

Last edited by Pu241; 03-06-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boydg1 View Post
                    .... Not as far as I know but they do have a cap on me for sending too many E-mails, which doesn't take very long with my E-mail list. They'll cut me off for twenty four hours, sometimes less, then turn me back on. Of course, they don't tell you this when you sign up! When I go over my limit they want to sell me a commercial license.

Originally posted by PU241

__________CoMcast______ this is the correct spelling of Comcast. This is most likely a typo on your part and does NOT, I hope, reflect my address somewere in vBulletins system.

Thanks again

____:neutral:____

Uh, the term Spammer comes to mind, please tell me your not one of those!

Thanks for the spelling lesson.

But, it was an intentional "misspelling" COMcast vs CONcast, as in CONvict!

Which begs the question, why is it every time you quote someones post in your post, it gets screwed up?
                    The quote tags don't ever seem to be complete and thus the quoted section is not properly selected.
                    Last edited by Pu241; 03-06-2011, 04:38 PM.
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

.... I checked again for SPAM and still nothing. All my other E-mails are coming in without any problems. I wonder if somewhere in vBulletin system there might be a misspelling or maybe a (.COM) instead of (.NET) suffix or something of that nature. Why not try this, send me an E-mail from your personal account, away from FF.com, and see if I receive it and see it that works. At lease you'll know that you have a GOOD working Email address or NOT.

Just a suggestion at this point.

___________:sign7:___________

Weird... I'm not seeing the failure emails anymore at this point. I changed a key setting that various other sites who were having the same problems posted about doing.

Nothing in Spam or anything like that?

Comment

.... No, I've never been a SPAMMER in my life and don't plan on being one. I've been with computers a very long time and realize how critical ONE letter can be in a STRING. Sometimes it can drive you nuts. :banghead:
                        .... Not entirely sure about " why is it every time you quote someones post in your post, it gets screwed up?". You have made me aware of something I was NOT aware of until now. I can't give you an answer at this point. I need time to keep an eye on it, to truly understand just what's going on. And if the problem is on my end I will most certainly make the corrections. :thumbright:

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                        Uh, the term Spammer comes to mind, please tell me your not one of those!

Thanks for the spelling lesson.

But, it was an intentional "misspelling" COMcast vs CONcast, as in CONvict!

Which begs the question, why is it every time you quote someones post in your post, it gets screwed up?
                        The quote tags don't ever seem to be complete and thus the quoted section is not properly selected.

Comment

Just FYI... Heard from our webhost. The IP address of our site was blocked by the site that Comcast uses for blacklisting emails...

Our webhost is trying to expedite the correction of this, but is at the mercy of the blacklist website.

I'll update once I hear back from the host once this issue has been resolved.
                          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

…. Been a while since I have heard from you all. Your Web-host has apparently run into difficulty with the IP address of “fordfestiva.com” and their blacklisting Website sponsored by Comcast. Perhaps Comcast needs to hear from me. What they have done cannot be justified by anybody's activity especially your site and me, if that is the case. Receiving E-mail notices was NOT a problem up until February 24th of this year. Then suddenly, without notice, cut off doesn't make much sense! Before I act I would like to hear your input, Thanks. :|

Just FYI... Heard from our webhost. The IP address of our site was blocked by the site that Comcast uses for blacklisting emails...

Our webhost is trying to expedite the correction of this, but is at the mercy of the blacklist website.

I'll update once I hear back from the host once this issue has been resolved.

Comment

.... Wahoo, I am back. Just received my FIRST E-mail from fordFeastiva.com since Feb 24th of this year, 24 days ago. I could NOT receive any E-mails from my original "POSTINGS" nor could I receive any E-mails from someone else's "POSTINGS" that I subscribed to. Started to have thoughts that maybe there was a conspiracy against me for some unknown reason. I was in the throws of sending a MILDLY NASTY response to Mr. "Comcast" if he was the culprit (read below this post). I can abandon those thoughts for now and it's good to be back.:thumbright:

Originally posted by boydg1 View Post
                              …. Been a while since I have heard from you all. Your Web-host has apparently run into difficulty with the IP address of “fordfestiva.com” and their blacklisting Website sponsored by Comcast. Perhaps Comcast needs to hear from me. What they have done cannot be justified by anybody's activity especially your site and me, if that is the case. Receiving E-mail notices was NOT a problem up until February 24th of this year. Then suddenly, without notice, cut off doesn't make much sense! Before I act I would like to hear your input, Thanks. :|

Last edited by boydg1; 03-20-2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

wouldn't it have been a pinch more simple to just get a gmail account and be done with the issue? They are always adding space to every single account, technically, every second, etc. I love gmail...I wouldn't mess with concast

you could even redirect email from concast to gmail and keep your old account (possibly, just depends on their rules)
                                Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Working...
                                X