900 mile trip. I love my Festiva !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 900 mile trip. I love my Festiva !!!

I'm on reading week from school, and had a "spur of the moment" idea to go and visit my brother in PA.
    After thinking about for about 10 minutes, I was packing my bag, and loading the car!

Long story short, My awesome Festiva preformed flawlessly (as I knew it would)

At one point, a friend of my brother, looked at the car, then looked at me, and said "You drove THAT car all the way from Canada?"
    lol... priceless !!!

Anyway, thought I'd share..

^

yeah thats fun i drove mine to florida last year 1150 miles r/t loved it!
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
      yeah thats fun i drove mine to florida last year 1150 miles r/t loved it!
      Another nice thing is that most of the time that you stop at a travel plaza, you don't need to fill up with gas on the way out!

Comment

Drove mine from St. Louis to FL to FM4 and back to St. Louis....total of 2700 miles with no problems. The year before, 1800 miles from St. Louis to FM3 and back.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yep, people just don't get how much fun it is to drive a festiva long distance. Only thing I ever really wanted on my long distance trip was ventilated seats, but it was 100+ degrees in Kansas in early July.

Comment

I don't get it. Why is it that people are so negative about the festiva. I called on one for sale the other day and the guy said he wouldn't drive it across the country. Judging by the pics the thing is in really really nice shape probably making it a super candidate for a cross country drive. Most likely he would with his other car though Right? I am trying to buy it.
            -Bryant

Comment

I drove mine from California to Indiana- drove just under 3,000 miles. Can't beat a Festiva!
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I find that in general most people are always paranoid about the distance a cheap vehicle can travel, the way I see it is if you go months without a breakdown then chances are it'll make a long roadtrip trouble free, no matter what make or model

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Gotta love those reclining seats with the removable headrests, and the rear seat trick. I've slept comfortably overnight at rest stops about six times.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    Gotta love those reclining seats with the removable headrests, and the rear seat trick. I've slept comfortably overnight at rest stops about six times.
                    Haha, didn't you sleep in your car at FM4 that first night due to some insane snoring?!
                    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

There's something about taking a trip in a Festiva. Just before I bought my first Festiva I went on a random 1000 miles trip over a couple days. I rented a Toyota Corolla. I wanted to drive that thing off a cliff I tell you. I had fun, but had it been a Festiva it would have been so much more enjoyable.
                      In my first Festiva I went on a spontaneous drive to all corners of Vancouver Island, here in BC, traveling over 1000 miles, including probably a good 300 miles on gravel. No comparison. The Festiva is more comfortable on gravel back roads and logging roads than the Corolla on pavement. I tell you I put that Festiva through a torture test, and I'd not hesitate to take a Festiva coast to coast (I also plan to).

Sorry, getting carried away here...thanks for sharing and bringing back fond memories of driving my old Festiva!

Comment

^

Originally posted by michael11 View Post
                        Another nice thing is that most of the time that you stop at a travel plaza, you don't need to fill up with gas on the way out!
                        so true! on the interstate i averaged about 42 mpg & it had over 441,000 miles on it then!
                        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, What is the back seat trick?

93 festy L "bruiser"

Comment

All festiva back seats lay flat.
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

And with the removable front seat headrests it is WIDE open. HUGE!
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                              X