which clutch is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which clutch is better?

which clutch do you recommend me buy? is for the b3 engine slightly modify and will get more modified this week, i am in need of a clutch right now this one is running out. will a heavy duty clutch be the best bet? or the stage 2 clutch? any suggestions

Exedy "kevlar" clutch, NOT "organic", they are about 100$ on ebay. I have one on my b6 and I've ran the piss out of it at the drag strip and auto-x and it has never slipped.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Bhazard, I think you need to advise him!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Cheapest one you can get. They'll all take 63.1hp!

Or even 62.9.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I say the kevlar bc my buddy phill has gone through 3 organic clutches on a stock b3 sine I installed mine and he dosent even race his. I personally don't see the point in putting a puck style clutch bc the trans is already so weak that shock loading it all the time will kill it anyways. Just get a step above the oem witch would be the kevlar, anything more is just pointless.

00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes

sponsered by,

Comment

yea was wondering because i beat the hell out of mine and its running out, dont feel the torque like i used to 2 months ago, ill maybe be putting a b6 long block anyways so ill need it...

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 festiva View Post
              yea was wondering because i beat the hell out of mine and its running out, dont feel the torque like i used to 2 months ago, ill maybe be putting a b6 long block anyways so ill need it...
              Maybe those other mods you did have finally wasted your engine!
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Any festy clutch lasts a while if you remember your car has 63hp. I slipped the hell out of my aspire because i was trying to find some passing power that just wasn't there. The exedy ones are what have been suggested a few times if youre still on a budget. iceracerdude has alternatives since he still uses e trans.
                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Yeeeeah if youre burning up stock clutches on a stock motor (or in your case, probably less than a stock motor) you might wanna learn to drive stick.

I pretty much believe neanderpaul when he tells stories of 300,000+ mile festies with factory clutches.

I also cant recommend a hard clutch on a glass transmission. That thing slips for a reason. Its the fuse between the engine and transmission. E-series doesnt take too well to the shock of hard launches as wheel hop.
                  Last edited by bhazard; 03-02-2011, 05:38 PM.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
                    I personally don't see the point in putting a puck style clutch bc the trans is already so weak.
                    I got to call BS on this. I ran a stock festy tranny with a race clutch on a b8 engine and it held everything I could throw at it. Numerous clutch drops and everything and it held up like a champ and that was atleast 8 months worth of beating before I desided to go f-series hydro with my bp. The festy tranny had roughly 175,000 on it which isnt much. I wouldnt try it with a tranny that has over 250,000 though.
                    Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 03-02-2011, 05:45 PM.
                    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
                      I got to call BS on this. I ran a stock festy tranny with a race clutch on a b8 engine and it held everything I could throw at it. Numerous clutch drops and everything and it held up like a champ and that was atleast 8 months worth of beating before I desided to go f-series hydro with my bp. The festy tranny had roughly 175,000 on it which isnt much. I wouldnt try it with a tranny that has over 250,000 though.
                      ive blown 2 festiva trannys with a b6 stocker, auto-x and clutch drops on the regular WILL blow it up. the spiders are horribly designed and weak, the first trans i blew up shot the spiders out the bottom at a stop light, the second one just dropped them and it wouldint move, its a glass trans and anything more than a b3 is too much if u wanna drive it HARD and drag/ auto-x it.

sponsered by,

Comment

i say go cheap, only if yours using the b3 and the stock trans. Not enough power to worry about having a racing clutch

93 festy L "bruiser"

Comment

On a B6? How? B6 stock puts down alittle more then the b3 stock and you blew out 2 trannies? I dont know but my festy tranny is in the shed waiting to be planted back into a stock festy that has a 4 speed and i have never had any problems out of it even with a B8. My brother can vouch for that as he was the one that helped do the build. I guess maybe since mine is a low milage tranny it hold fine for now. I dont doubt what you say it just seems odd that a stock b6 would kill out 2 trannies like that.
                          Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 03-02-2011, 08:28 PM.
                          89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                          My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

the exedy clutch cost the same as a oem clutch from the parts store!! jesus! why not get a much higher quality clutch for the same price!!??http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY...Q5fAccessories

sponsered by,

Comment

Just to clarify, I ate up a clutch with unknown history and 257k miles on the car. Id put the cheapest thing in there or the exedy and if it does go don't repeat, just upgrade the trans and a larger clutch comes along for the ride.
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                              X