b3-B6 SWAP OVER PARTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b3-B6 SWAP OVER PARTS

I know the swap involves the distributers to be swapped, the IAT sensor wire spliced and the injector harness, is there anything i need to change?? for example, like the TPS or any thing? any help would be awesome,

sorry if it has been beat to death, but i didnt feel like reading snippits of posts,

thanks
    B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
    Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

What are you tying to do? Add b3 parts to a b6? Add b6 parts to a b3? Swap engines from a b3 to a b6? Sorry alittle confused on the post.
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

sorry, im puttin in a b6, but b3 parts have to go on , no??

Comment

Not to sure about that. Ill let a b6 guy chime in on that.
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

FWIR you use the B6 ECM, injectors and dizzy and B3 everything else.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

ok i heard you can use the b3 ecm,( i dont plan on it) the festiva has electronic advance dizzy, where the 323 has vacuum advance, i am a little confused in your wording, are you saying use the B6 ecm, and b3 sensors? with the festiva dizzy?

i have the whole B6 engine sitting in my shed on a stand. I always assumes, swap the B3 dizzy to the B6 and splice the connectors for the fuel injectors from the b6 to the festiva wireing harness. now after all this im still confused

Comment

you CAN use the B3 ECM, but it wont' perform to it's fullest. depending on the year, the B6 came with either a vaccum advance dizzy or electronic dizzy. and yeah i'm saying use the B3 sensors as they are the same as the B6 sensors (same range), except fo the VAF, i forgot about that, you'll want the B6 VAF as well.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

What year is your B6? When I did my B6 swap the injectors plugged right in. I deff used the B6 dizzy, VAF, and computer
                89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                RIP 90LX

Comment

mine is out of an 88 323, will it run with out the b6 vaf?(b3 vaf) so the sensors are the same? my b6 has everything on it, i have to get the b6 air box?

so what exactactly do you have to do with the IAT sensor? does it matter on the b6 being an auto? do i have to swap TPS ?

sorry for the questions
                  Last edited by blitzbuggy; 03-02-2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Questions are good!
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

you want to keep the manual TPS if that's what your car is, and you'll need a manual B6 ECM. as for the VAF, you may be able to mod the B3 unit.

Comment

I'm 99.98% sure the B6 air meter is calibrated different than the B3 one. I'm sure it will run on the B3 unit, just not to the same potential. Bucks has atleast one 323 in the yard
                        89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                        RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                          I'm 99.98% sure the B6 air meter is calibrated different than the B3 one. I'm sure it will run on the B3 unit, just not to the same potential. Bucks has atleast one 323 in the yard

i seen that one!

as for the ecm, apparently i can use the auto one, as long as my car is manual, but i cant use a manual one if i have an automatic,

Comment

correct

Comment

Working...
                            X