Registered and on the road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registered and on the road!

Okay so as many of you know I bought my first car (A festy of course) a few weeks ago. Since then i've been posting questions about fixing it up etc and to learn more about it.

But NOW, I just thought it should be known that the Hobbit has been registered in the state of Illinois!
    He's ready to prove himself to me and the world what a worthy creature he truly is.

Unleash the mini-beast, ftw!
    1991 Festiva L "The HobbitMobile" or "The Hobbit" :cam:

Do you not understand? TO LOSE IS TO DIE!

Yay! Go Hobbit!

I'll never forget driving my first car for the first time. How could I? It was the first time I drove standard and I turned up a hill with a stop sign at the end and someone pulled up behind me...

Comment

LOL!
      Fear to the core!

Still quite nerve racking, though I did learn on a 218 hp cooper lol...but that was almost 2 years ago.

But practice is everything!

thanks red!

Comment

Glad to hear its on the road, just got my 6th tagged and bagged last night. Still not driving it much since it only has 1st 2nd and 3rd gear at the moment, but once I get the auto in there for the wife to drive it it will be her daily. Welcome to the madness, I promise you your first festiva won't be your last
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Htchbck, I agree. It feels new everytime I get another one or do something to the one I am driving. I think the most fun is figuring out what their personality is and fixing all the little issues the PO has neglected in the past and then telling them how easy it was. Because I usually ask why they didn't fix it, and the typical response is they thought they are hard to find parts for or it would have cost to much.
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Lol. I love this forum.

Htchback, I am going to hold you to that promise

remember this admiral

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
              Welcome to the madness, I promise you your first festiva won't be your last
              I second that. I'm on 3, and always welcome another!

btw 0z0ne you struck a jealous cord in that you learned on a (supercharged bmw?) mini!
              Last edited by thered56; 03-03-2011, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Yes yes, not just the mini S, but the john works engine....
                It's like another 40 hp with another bundle of sport fixes.
                They only made and shipped 400 to the U.S. each year back when my dad got it.

i don't know how it works now, but...anyway.
                It was quite a handful to learn on! It's a great car though
                -tops out around 155 and accelerates to 60 in about 5.6s

My dad and I took it to the NASCAR track up in NH once a year and took sport driving lessons. Basically a professional driver would sit in shotgun and teach you the limits of your car for about 8 hours...speed..handling..etc.
                It worked kind of like a golf course in terms of these prof. drivers (like caddies), and would be paired with people who brought their cars.
                Of course they all fought over who got to ride in the Ferrari's and Lotus's and R8's Lambo's etc..
                I will say that though the muscle cars blew our doors off on the straightaways, we just weaseled right by them on the loops and turns. The mini is such a tight car

oh well, the festy is perfect for me!!

Comment

We're on our 2nd one right now....... the one out in NJ is very tempting..... for a 3rd
                  My Whips:

Comment

That mini sounds like a blast to say the least! I learned how to drive on a 1970 cadillac coupe deville with the 472.

A festiva for a first car is a great way to start. that way there is no room for making mistakes like buying inferior brands (Toyota!).

I got my first car when I was ~16. Wrecked up vw fox. 6 years later I'm at #38.
                    Previous:
                    1991 GL. (01' ranger lights!) P/S,A/C Sold to Mum.
                    1990 auto. hacked up rally toy.
                    1988 5 speed. The pile
                    1993 5 speed.
                    1995 5 speed aspire. Gutted for the 90' auto.

Comment

Originally posted by sedat View Post
                      A festiva for a first car is a great way to start. that way there is no room for making mistakes like buying inferior brands (Toyota!).
                      mwahahaha

Comment

Toyota is NOT an inferior brand! Why? Because they make race cars, that's why! And race trucks! And race minivans! And anything else that has a gas pedal that can get stuck at full acceleration and plow through a McDonald's and then show up on the likes of stupidvideos.com and failblog.org!:error:
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Lol Driverone, for a second there I thought you were trying to come up with a legitimate defense for toyota!
                          But honestly, they are not THAT bad, just not quite like vehicles made on our own soil!

Comment

The Japanese are more American than the big 3. and have been for years. Heck I live 40 minutes from a benz plant. and less than that from a honda plant.
                            Previous:
                            1991 GL. (01' ranger lights!) P/S,A/C Sold to Mum.
                            1990 auto. hacked up rally toy.
                            1988 5 speed. The pile
                            1993 5 speed.
                            1995 5 speed aspire. Gutted for the 90' auto.

Comment

lmao oh boy I'm enjoying this! mwahaha
                              I don't consider Toyotas bad cars, I just strongly dislike them. I've drove a number of them, and hated them all. Guess I'm just a Mazda guy though.

Comment

Working...
                              X