I got so many nice things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got so many nice things...

Went out for a while today, took a drive, ran some errands, pick up a few things.

First, I needed some booze. Funds were running low, so I grabbed me some Brandy...

Ran by sears to pick up the $50 deal on a set of gear wrenches, I love ratcheting wrenches, I don't think the FSM could create a better tool....Still looking for a set of S&K's like Festyboy brought to FM4 though....

While I was there, I was eyeballing some of the tool boxes on sale, and the salesman, an old guy with a sharp eye, couldn't help but but noticing this as I wandered around candy land, I mean the tool section of Sears....

Long story short, he pointed out a 5 drawer, $150 ball bearing slide, black tool box, open box clearance, for $38.93. $42 with tax, I know, cause I bought it. I told the wife he cast a spell on me, I think she isn't buying it, but I can keep the box anyways...

So, since I am already out dicking around, and spending money, I decided to spend a little more.

Yeah, I did it, I brought my second Festiva home an hour or so ago.

Ladies and men of questionable background, may I present....

Backupstiva!

She needs a little work, and a better name, but, yeah, she is in the driveway awaiting lurves right now
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Man, you stole that tool box
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
      Man, you stole that tool box
      No kidding, I felt like I was in the flea market. The salesman had to get another guy over to help him. THAT guy started telling me about a grey intermediate 2 drawer that he had just marked down to $27. This was an $89 box. When I told him I didn't have enough on me for it, he said, "How much you got?"

Dude, I didn't have two nickles left, but if I had, I bet I would have got that 2 drawer for $20!

Sears has either started some new dream policy, or these guys had stuff falling off the truck. Either way, I gots me a new box, and a receipt to prove it

Comment

For the skeptical (like me.)

Comment

To heck with the tools and the booze, tell us more about the Festy! :smile:
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Is that a pizza delivery sign on the roof of the towed Festy? I'm pretty sure some came standard with it.

And I have that missing headlight up for sale on ebay.
            Last edited by Aspire; 03-03-2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

93 L model she is. Not sure about the mileage yet, haven't even looked.... The interior is missing a drivers seat, and the drivers window is cockeyed. The rain has been getting in for years, so there is mold. Nothing that pulling the carpet out won't fix...The body is mostly straight, and southern=no rust to speak of. The hatch needs a lock fix/WD40 on the mechanism, and the front needs a headlight/grill. Other than that, she is barely broke in!

I needed a light to be a parking light, and the pizza sign fit the bill!

JPT, shocked the heck out of me that the first comment was about the tool box

Comment

Oh, I need to fix part of the wiring harness, and prolly replace the fuel pump too...

Comment

Sears must be trying to get rid of all their boxes cause I just bought a 7 drawer roller and a 5 drawer top for $109 for work. Plus also got a 3 drawer with a 1/4,3/8,and 1/2"rachet set with wrenches to fit inside for only $79 on a closeout sale. Go sears!

Comment

Holy Cow JoDan! I need to go back and try to find that deal! My 7 drawer roller is red, and I am upset that this black one won't match!

Comment

Yeah but they aren't as wide as yours and the lock is just the bar that you put in front of the drawers so they aren't very high quality boxes but they work out for a box on a budget

Comment

You just described my 7 drawer!

Comment

Originally posted by JoDan View Post
                          Yeah but they aren't as wide as yours and the lock is just the bar that you put in front of the drawers so they aren't very high quality boxes but they work out for a box on a budget
                          not a thing wrong with being on a budget! I am usually on a "what can I scrounge, or trade work for" budget....

Comment

Wow i shall hit up my sears but chances are California has less deals. I havent had brandy in 10 years but I imagine its exactly how i left it

Congrats on the aquistions
                            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Brandy loves you still, getnpsi. I promise

Check it out, I know they are having a big sale here...

Oh, and the car has, per the odometer, 199,706 miles.

Like I said, barely broken in ;P

Comment

Working...
                              X