Wish me luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck

Just stumbled upon a garage where a mint condition festy is sitting, waiting for them to get back from lunch. Let's hope they will sell it. Pics when I get home wether I get it or not.
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Good luck man!

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

So it is a 91 manuel. 5 speed i guess? They said $1500 which I'm guessing $1000 or even $1200 in hand would take it. Great shape. no rust. The interior is in amazing shape. it's the blue lined kind.

They said they just put new brakes and exhaust on it.

The only debate I have right now is wether or not I should get a stick. I've only driven one once and that was on the interstate so no real challenge.

here are pics.

Comment

Get the 5 speed, you wont turn back after you do. Better gas mileage and alot more fun to drive. I had only drove a stick here and there before my car, as long as you have common sense, then its extremely easy

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

it wont take long to get the hang of a stick, go for it and you will enjoy it and the improved gas mileage!

Comment

Looks sharp I'd pick it up- don't let the manual scare ya away. I wish I had picked up the 88 4 speed w/ the aspire swap from the guy I got my 91 auto from instead. Picked up the auto cuz the fiance can't drive stick and figured we would have a car we both could drive if hers crapped out on us..........well it got totaled & she still wouldn't drive it DoH! Should have just bought the stick cuz autos suck
            Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

Get it! Looks great! You'll learn stick no problem
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

nice! you should pick that puppy up mang!
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Buy it anyway and sell it to another member for a profit, if you really don't like manual transmissions.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Buy it anyway and sell it to another member for a profit, if you really don't like manual transmissions.
                    it isn't that I don't like them just never REALLY drove one. I guess I'll just have to go out at night and drive alone to get used to it.

Comment

If I get it, which I likely will if something does not pop up in the next few days

Comment

It's a GL! I would make a cash offer on it, you never know. But it is a straight car and it looks like it doesn't have any rust. And X2 to what bravekozak said, even if you don't like the 5 speed, you could sell it for a small profit or maybe even trade it for an auto. Most of the time it's the other way around, people want a 5 speed and all they can find is an auto.
                        '90 LX

Comment

You'll have the hang of driving a stick in one day tops! Go for it!
                          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Manual Festivas are easy to learn on.

That one looks really nice, but still check it out thoroughly. If it's as nice as it looks I doubt they'd take less than $1200 right now. Cash talks, though! Good luck!

Karl
                            Last edited by Safety Guy; 03-07-2011, 01:24 PM.
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Another vote for buy it.

Once you learn to shift, you'll never want anything else but a 5 speed.
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                              X