Its been a year now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been a year now...

One year ago yesterday I made this video when I first got to hear my V6 fire up

And ever since then I have itching to see who will be the next person to try a V6 swap, I'm seriously considering building another set of mounts and literally giving them away to the person who is willing to try this swap

I mean hell I'm looking at V6tiva version 2.0, and let's say it's not a KL

So to the person who is dead serious about a KL swap, show me pics of progress towards the swap enough so I know you'll follow through with it and I'll build a set of mounts
    Last edited by Damkid; 03-08-2011, 05:15 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...well my car is just a shell waiting for paint and engine...I would put an order in for a KL-ZE in no time, but there's a certain running Festiva I'm looking to buy right now...I dreamed of doing that swap before you had, and I'm so very fond of yours...oh boy...

Comment

Chris, that's a nice offer! Now way would I come close though. I hope someone else will take you up on it after they do the appropriate prep work to show they're serious, capable and won't run out of money, etc.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I think the progress id want to see is the diff swap completed and the engine waiting to go in, cause doing the diff swap to me shows enough skill level that the person is capable of finishing the swap

I am more then willing to help anyone attempting the KL swap in anyway I possibly can even if I gotta have your harness mailed to me so I can label which wires to splice into to make the wiring easy, I don't care, I want to see another fwd V6 swapped festiva

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Before I sold the car to Adam, who eventually sold it to you, I had installed an Electromotive TEC2 Standalone and was in the process of getting a bigger turbo for it. With those two changes alone, the car would have easily hit mid 12s. It was trapping a few mph faster on street tires with the B6T than you with the KLZE, I was getting consistent 100-103mph

The KLZE is wicked but you can go faster with a B-series for a lot less effort. Maybe that's why no one else is trying it.
          * Retired Festiva-er*
          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
          B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Provide the money too and i'll do it:lol:
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

I wouldnt care if I could be faster with a bp or b6t it is just the fact that their is a v6 in their!

Comment

I'm pursuing a similar path, but with the Yamaha V6 from the Taurus SHO. For now I may take the FWD tranny with it just to see how it is while I go find a compatible AWD drivetrain to mate to it, though at the same time 220hp on 1500lbs with that short a wheelbase, FWD, and rear drum brakes may be sort of unsafe. Would one think that the mounts may be similar to the KL?

I found an engine going for $500 (which was the same price I paid for the festy). The manual tranny also is going for the same price.

Thing is, I figured I'd get a second set of wheels for work while the swap is getting done. Right now I'm thinking of a motorcycle....I found a 90s Yamaha 600cc sports bike that has the same yellow/black paint theme as the Festy. If I get it, I think I may christen it as "The Bumblebike."

People say SHOgun it, but I love my rear cargo space.

Was gonna go with the B6T, but the thought of a high revving V6 which I can decide to supercharge/turbocharge if I want to makes me get that evil grin.
                Last edited by chaosdrifter06; 03-08-2011, 11:56 PM.
                "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
                --Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by B6T View Post
                  The KLZE is wicked but you can go faster with a B-series for a lot less effort. Maybe that's why no one else is trying it.
                  :lol: i do agree the B series engines are just as capable as the KLZE and of course takes less effort to install, But the shear "wow" factor of the reactions i get from opening my hood is awesome, and it'd be cool to have someone else on this site know what i'm talking about

But as it is right now, N/A KL vs. N/A B series, i'm faster :evil4:

Comment

If you could find me a KLZE in Australia that isn't going for five thousand dollars then sign me up ahahah i cant even find a BP under 1000.
                    93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
                    98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
                    98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      But as it is right now, N/A KL vs. N/A B series, i'm faster :evil4:
                      But the K's are designed to be N/A and the B's are built to be boosted. I know there was a supercharged 2.3 K series, but that's just mild stock supercharging.

What about weight? It must be somewhat heavier as well eh? I know it does save some as being aluminum as opposed to iron as well as having a compact design. Do you know the difference?

btw, have you decided what route you're going with the I/C? I like the idea of a top mount.
                      Last edited by thered56; 03-09-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

What was the track of the probe gt? Might be a more sleeper option for doing a mid engine since the fenders wouldnt have to be so wide... But anywas yea if I want going on a yr long vacation would def do it.

Comment

If you was to make the mounts and assist me with the wiring part i would do it. I really want to have a v6 car now that i seen it i want to do it. I can find the parts no problem just the 323 gt axles are the hardest part to find for me.
                          I have a car that is rust free and waiting for a motor to go in it. I have a bp ready to go in but if you was to make the mounts i will get the v6 i have the ecu already as well.
                          Last edited by hofficergrover; 03-09-2011, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
                            But the K's are designed to be N/A and the B's are built to be boosted. I know there was a supercharged 2.3 K series, but that's just mild stock supercharging.
                            I beg to differ, a guy at work made 400WHP on a stock KLDE, KL's can handle boost just a good as the B series, and as for the supercharged engine, that's the KJ, aka version 2.0

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
                            If you was to make the mounts and assist me with the wiring part i would do it. I really want to have a v6 car now that i seen it i want to do it. I can find the parts no problem just the 323 gt axles are the hardest part to find for me.
                            I have a car that is rust free and waiting for a motor to go in it. I have a bp ready to go in but if you was to make the mounts i will get the v6 i have the ecu already as well.
                            My offer stands my man

Comment

pm'ed

Comment

Working...
                              X