opel kadett gsi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opel kadett gsi

Ok they have a 87 opal kadett gsi at the pap here on post and im thinking of getting it... Now it is not a festiva but it is a cool car and since it is a 87 ill be able to import it to the states when I get back from deployment.... I dont know what is all done to it other than lowered and a 4 point rollcage. I actually know the guy that use to own it and he said it had a full role cage because it use to actually be raced.

Googled it because I didn't know what they look like......looks like a pontiac lemans! Not my cup of tea
    Edit: After looking it up on wikipedia turns out it is a lemans over here!
    Last edited by lanemeyer14; 03-08-2011, 05:36 PM.
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

PICTURES PLEASE!!

I love Opels, at least the older ones up till Buick quit importing them.

The German ones, that is, though I liked the Isuzu ones too. They were all related to my 1976 Chevette.

Love the sixties and early seventies Kadettes, too! That's what the pics are of. The blue one has 1975 or later Opel steel rims (13 X 5.5"), which I could never find in any junkyards back in the eighties. I had the earlier style rims on my Chevette (13 X 5").

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Hum that explains that nagging feeling that I had seen it before... I guess the factory spoiler and body kit kept me from seeing it.

Comment

ill try to take pics tommorrow when I go. Prob is I leave thurs so I would have to get it inspected and insured and everything in a day. And im thinking that it didnt pass inspection so that is why he got rid of it. I might be able to store it their for a little a month. Yeah I would love a chevette, well a vauxhall chevette but still.

Comment

The Kadette E was also made in Korea by Daewoo, and was imported to N. America as the Pontiac Lemans. Again, related to all the other Kadettes, just as earlier Opels were related to Chevettes and Vauxhalls, etc.

Wiki seems to do a nice job covering the various models.

Oh yeah, the Vauxhall Chevettes, especially the 2300HS (homologation special). In rally trim it got over 200 hp. The street version was around 170 I think. This link says different, but maybe there were different trims:

My Chevette had the smaller engine, the 1400cc made in Brazil. It made 52 hp at 5200 rpm!

My 0-60 time was the same as my 1/4 mile, with one passenger taking the time.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yeah I was really looking at getting a chevy chevette but havent been able to fine one. I even found a site that makes the rally body kits. One thing that makes me want the kadett is that they have a history in rally racing.

Comment

There's a place out of Rialto, CA that still sells used Opels and parts.
                Had a '73 Manta in high school (my locker partner had a Ford Cortina- a rich kid!).
                A real sleeper - smoked a couple of unsuspecting Cameros

Comment

Haha I just seen a manta today, a guy at the gas station owns it.

Comment

I love alot of the cars over here I just wish they offered them in the usa.

Comment

I prefer the GTs.... they look like mini corvettes personally... though I wouldn't mind the version of the Kadett that they had on top gear I keep looking for a good example of a Opel period.... unfortuately I never have the money when they come around... which isn't often
                      Last edited by DrMaxwellEdison; 03-08-2011, 07:41 PM.
                      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                      89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                      Projects in the works:
                      84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

It has some rust and I wouldnt have time to really check it out but it does run. I just cant decide if it would be worth getting. I would still get a festiva in the future but this would mean not for a couple yrs.

Comment

But I would get it for maybe about 400

Comment

Working...
                          X