Sluggish BP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sluggish BP?

Well ever since we swapped the BP into my fester i have been working on little things here and there to get it complete and running better. My recent fix was a air intake setup which im still waiting on a few things. My ongoing problem as of now and ever since the car was built is a major lag I guess you could call it, when the car goes around a sharp turn. If you let off the gas into the turn and then about the apex of the turn, nail it, it looses power untill it starts straight again, then it opens up and hauls butt. I always have plenty of gas in it so I know thats not the problem. Just seems odd and im not to sure what to look into. Could you guys help me out? Has anyone else ever experienced this?
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Left turn, right turn, or both? Since yours is EFI, I would suspect an electrical problem. I have heard of carbs doing this with improper or bad float issues. I dont think its fuel related. A wire shorting out, or loose connector maybe?
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Maybe you're doing a turn and burn but just don't know it.
      -Donny
      -1992 Festiva GL
      B6D/E-series.
      -1991 GL
      BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

maybe the g-force is messing with the VAF meter and holding open or closed the flapper???

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
          maybe the g-force is messing with the VAF meter and holding open or closed the flapper???
          This is exactly what I was thinking aswell. im not sure exactly how to fix something like that though. I guess maybe tilt the VAF up or down. This only happens while making a left hand turn. I suppose making a left turn would cause the flapper to open more then its suppost to? The VAF itself is dead level.

Comment

try it... you may notice that your idle will be off then...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Elevated it down a bit and the lag is gone. Still idles the same. thanks sas!

Comment

sweet, glad i could help

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                X