First trip to the PNP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First trip to the PNP

Ok, well I have been to jys before but never a PNP. A guy at work informed me of one that's about 1.5hrs away. I have a good idea what people generally want, but want to know what is the most desirable, and how to remove it without damaging it.

Underseat tray- simply slides out I'm assuming?
    Underseat tray brackets- unbolts?
    Rear spoiler- unscrew, but how do you remove the plugs without damaging them?
    Map pockets- unscrew
    Tach cluster- been there done that (unscrew and remove surround, and 4 screws from cluster itself, and unplug connections on the back)
    Power mirrors- unscrew I'm assuming?
    Rear cargo light- unscrew and unplug I'm assuming?
    Center console- unscrew?
    Passenger side manual mirror- been there done that (unscrew)

This is a small list that I know people want. I just want to know what to "look out for" and what to do to prevent any damage. Also, what all tools should I take with me?

Also, pictures of removal and pictures of the actual items that some of us may have never seen before would be a big help. I hate to admit this, but one day at a jy I looked inside and saw a black plastic tray on the back floorboard. I thought, you would think someone would have cleaned out all the trash and junk (whether it be the owner wanting all their stuff out before junking the car, or the jy wanting to "showcase" the salvagable parts). Well, a couple weeks later I found a post of someones new "underseat tray" and thought holy crap, that's what that was?! :banghead: Needless to say when I went back, they had already crushed the whole car. Yes, sad, but true. Please help me and everyone else out by posting pictures of the item and removal procedure (without damaging the items). Thanks again, and wish me luck!
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

I want tach cluster!
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

power mirrors dont forget the switch
      It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

VERY unsatisfied with this trip. NO festys in the one yard, and the door panel and console lid for my Sonata that I have for sale were either wrong or missing. Hell, most of the sonatas were missing the whole drivers door! I did get a new blower switch and pass. side mirror for the GF. We went to another yard, and it was the same way with the sonatas there. They said no festivas in any of their yards except in NY! That was weird, because right outside the door to the lot, there was one sitting there. A real shame too, it was a 90L with only 78K miles on it. No goodies of course being the L, but the only damage to the body was on the pass. side rear. Still completely drivable IMO. Oh well, maybe next time.
        The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
        89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Working...
        X