Price check please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price check please.

I'm checking out a 1992 Festiva in the morning. I've driven by and seen it from afar, chatted with the owner a short bit today. He didn't have a ton of info since he had just purchased it himself to resell.

What I know: 1992 Festiva, brand new axles, factory alloys. Body is straight and appears to be rust-free. Miles, meh who cares it's a Festiva It was a chick car, interior is great he says. He "thinks" it's an automatic

At any rate, he quoted me a price of $850. I figure I can work him down another $50-100. Is it a steal?

If you haven't been close enough to verify if its auto or stick, how can you be sure its rust free? If it is indeed rust free then definitely drive it before dropping that kind of coin on it, but if it runs and drives right then it is probably worth it if its what you want.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Ok, just got back from checking it out. It was prior to opening for business, so I had free reign to kick the tires.

-Two spots of surface rust. One was under the hatch window, the other over the driver's rear wheel well and both were superficial(sand, prime, done).
      -Needs tires soon.
      -Factory Alloys.
      -Passenger front fender had some dings in it, probably could be straightened out.
      -What I could see of the underbelly had very little rust as well(surprising here in Ohio).
      -Passenger A-pillar had a multitude of "pry marks," I'd assume the windshield has been replaced at some point.
      -Windows all intact, no cracks or visible chips.
      -Automatic
      -Interior needs some love, but has the passenger side factory floor mat!
      -No radio/head unit.
      -Gauge cluster had some sexy LED dragons mounted to it[/sarcasm]
      -213k miles.
      -Popped the hood, engine had puked oil everywhere at some point. Had been cleaned up pretty well.
      -Car is overall red, one blue fender(BONUS).
      -Hatch cargo cover was missing.
      -No spoiler
      -He had it marked at $1095, but had mentioned $850 to me yesterday on the phone.

So whatcha think?

Comment

$300.
        Tell them you just checked with the Ford dealership and they told you that all Festiva parts are now obsolete.

Comment

where in ohio you located?
          -Bryant

Comment

Adams County, about an hour East of Cincinnati.

Comment

I will start telling him all the defects also test ride an then tell him is not worth your time fixing it for the price he is asking for unless he can negotiate with price. If he gives you "offer me a price" offer him $300 and of course he will counter. Try to pay at least range of 600-500 dollars. Good luck

Comment

You could also print up KBB & Edmund values for it to back up your offer. It's probably worth a few hundred on either of them.

Comment

Working...
                X