dash mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash mat

Anybody have a picture of an actual dash mat in an actual festiva? I'm trying to see how they look. How far down the dash they come etc.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

My dad had one in his Festiva... Not sure if it moved over into the 93 that's in the bottom garage or not.

From what I remember, it comes right down to the top of the vent area, but it's been awhile since I've seen it.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Would love a picture if possible.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I remember Festiva GTX had a dash mat and posted pics somewhere, I think it was on one of his project cars

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I've been searching dash, dashmat, "dash mat" no dice. Can't search mat because it's too few letters.

Comment

Maybe this will help. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30539
            '90 LX

Comment

I'll get some pics of mine up soon. Good reason to clean the dead insects off Lux's dash area on a nice sunny day.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Comment

Paul, here's a few more views of the same brand, "Dashmat." Mine's personalized, though:

Mine's at least two or three years old and has had a lot of sun. They don't fit as well as in the ads, but I like mine okay.

Karl
                  Last edited by Safety Guy; 03-12-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I like the Bunny! Is that original equiptment/
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Ha!

That's Hunnybunny. I had displaced her and her special friend Piglet from the dash for the pics. I am remiss and rebuked! Here they are, returned to their rightful vigel (keeping an eye on me when I'm driving) in Lux:

Technically, they are Walgreen's aftermarket, circa 2006. I must say they've weathered the hot and freezing dashboard environment very well! Piglet's belly shows very little more "pig"ment than his sun kissed back, and Hunnybunny, well, she's kinda white, in case you didn't notice. No tan at all! (I guess fake fur don't tan.)

Karl

Comment

Hey Paul I have a dark red dash mat that I'd let you have. (It belonged to Dj at one time!)
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

i dont understand the point. they look awful.

Comment

On some cars, they might help protect the dash from sunlight (not needed on Festivas from what I've seen). They provide a soft, somewhat slip-free place to put stuff, they might cut down slightly on some noise (debatable) and some folks do like the way they look.

I can take 'em or leave 'em. I think the one in Luxstiva works because she's my "luxury" Festiva. I don't have any plans to get any more though.

Karl

Comment

Working...
                            X