Well after 360K Twizted needs a motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well after 360K Twizted needs a motor

My 88L "Twizted" is gonna need a motor finally. I was coming home from a road trip to visit "Shadetree" and I got almost home when it started billowing smoke and eventually running rough. I thought no biggie a head gasket has finally went. Easy enough to fix. Nah, checked and the coolant was full, the oil was full and looked good so I pulled off the EGR valve that I knew was going bad and the old EGR valve and the port on the intake leading to it were filled with the nastiest sludge I had seen since the early Quakerstate days. Haven't done a compression test or anything yet but I am guessing a ring or something internal has finally given up.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Sorry man
    Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
    Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
    AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

Originally posted by frankm201 View Post
      Sorry man
      No need it was getting tired and provided a lot of good service. I have a 92K efi motor here I had been thinking about putting in it. Now I have the motovation I need to Git-r-done. I just felt bad like maybe I had done something wrong but I think it was just time for it.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Clean the EGR valve out or swap in a good one. She might still have some miles left in her!
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Only 360K?! Why that lazy slacker! :lol: Sorry to hear it though. She put in some good service!
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news ! At least you have a spare ! Good meeting you and thanks for the parts ! Just wish it didn't cost an engine !
            New build on the way .

Comment

Jay, i say we build it better, stronger, faster...we have the technology.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

:lol: You're not old enough to get that joke Arty!
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Heck you need to throw a party and celebrate the good times that engine gave you, 360K FLW.
                  The Slacker thing came through loud and clear.
                  Last edited by sc72; 03-12-2011, 08:05 PM.
                  An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

.... Here's just what the DOCTOR ordered: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34252

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                    Clean the EGR valve out or swap in a good one. She might still have some miles left in her!
                    Last edited by boydg1; 03-12-2011, 08:36 PM.
                    A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                      :lol: You're not old enough to get that joke Arty!
                      says who!?!? i was born in the wrong decade, that's not my fault. i'm all about "old school"... why do you think i own so many carb cars?

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

*like*

Comment

Arty, I put Jester back on the road for a while till I can get the Blue car going or the motor in Twizted swapped. Anyhow if neanderpaul can wait I may still come see you and make a delivery in VA on my way home. I was kinda thinkin one day next week if you have a day off.
                          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

i have mondays and tuesdays off. but i can usually flex my schedual as well.

Comment

Well I did a compression test and I am afraid it is in fact an internal issue, the results were #1-150, #2-100, #3-150, and #4-150. The blow by is horrific and it kills mosqutos quite well so my guess is the oil ring in #2 has givin up. I am just gonna proceed in replacing it for now and possibly rebuilding this engine at a later date. I think a re-ring and this motor would be just fine again.
                              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
                              X