Awesome day....awesome drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome day....awesome drive.

So I wake up from a crazy Saturday night at my friend's house after a night out in Boston. Slightly hungover, stomach really empty....I wasn't looking forward to the drive home at all.

I step out after having a re-hydrating meal of 1% milk to see the sun shining and wonderful 60 degree weather. Start my Festy up, pulled out of my friend's driveway, and drove the backroads all the way to the highway. At this point, I feel better than what I was an hour ago.

It was when I was on the highway that my hangover completely went away. Sunny skies, 70mph, windows open, Bon Jovi on the radio, Sunday Traffic...Completely rejuvenated and ready to take on the work week.

There really is something about these cars.
    "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
    --Anonymous

^ The BEST part of owning a Festiva.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I have never missed driving a Festiva more than when I finished reading your post! My goodness, it's been about a year since my last Festi kicked the bucket (I saved all I could from it). It's a darn good thing I'm close to being in one again! There definitely is something special about these cars.

btw what's up with the 16mpg??

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post

btw what's up with the 16mpg??
        I was gonna ask the same thing.
        Rick
        1993 Ford Festiva
        1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
        1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
        2000 Ford E350

Comment

My speedo and odo went out so went I measured it on fuelly, it was the mileage when it stopped measuring miles about a quarter of the way through. I didn't notice until I inputted the results. I'll update it once I fix my speedo cable.
          "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
          --Anonymous

Comment

That's awesome! Here, we have winding mountains that take you by several lakes waterfalls. That's my favorite Festiva situation!
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

a hangover and my festiva dont get along well, sold mounts make everything rattle and vibrate, the exhaust is loud and resonates bad inside...... but i find sharis is a good place to take care of a hangover. walking into sharis on a sunday looking like death and everyone else in the joint just got out of church but here i come all grogy and smellin like a bar asking for the biscuts and gravy and some crepes!!

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
              1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
              R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
              00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
              03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
              pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
              Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
              Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                That's awesome! Here, we have winding mountains that take you by several lakes waterfalls. That's my favorite Festiva situation!
                Ooooh yes indeed. You'va just reminded me of some of my older Festiva pics I should really upload here, one next to a towering waterfall.

Darn about the 16mpg, I was thinking that maaayybee you'd secretly done a 20b swap or something! lol jk

Comment

Working...
                X