Buyers Remorse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyers Remorse?

Howdy - What we have here is not technically buyers remorse (I bought a great '88 LX 5 Speed w/ 173k miles,ding and rust free for $650.00), but the classic "I should have waited" next better Festiva syndrome. '93 5 speed with only 93,000 miles just went up on the Seattle CL FOR $1999.00. It's that great Lt. Aqua. New brakes, tune-up, tires good. Body looks very clean.
    Buy the time I'm done with mine I still won't be in the 2k range (Needs paint job, seat covers, major tune up), but it's still great to see a primo Festiva that's right up a non - mechanics alley.
    Somebody please buy this so I won't be tempted

Buy it and sell the one you have now?
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

Might do that if I had the 2K in hand. Lord know how long it will take to sell mine.

Comment

My dad actually went and looked at the one in Everett, he said the guy was a flake and didnt even really want to sell it. The interior I guess want in the best condition even though he says it is. I think you picked the right deal bastille10, dont get down in the dumps. You cant tell from teh pictures on it but it really does need new tires.

Here's the link to it everyone

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

But, to you, is it really worth 3 times what you bought yours for?

Comment

Thanks devon. Agreed. Everything in prospective. I'm very happy with the car I have. Sometimes you just get a wild hair about these "woulda,coulda, shoulda" things. I think if I get another car
            I'd have to buy a warm sleeping bag to go with it!
            Last edited by bastille10; 03-14-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Remember, your festy you have now was my next door neighbors. Passed it every day wanting to buy it but didn't have the cash. Now i have the money but you have it. Haha

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
              91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

I never see festivas with aspire swaps for sale. Once that is completed on yours with a few suspension upgrades it's a much better car, and still way under that 1995 price tag with superior equipment. Once you are well on your way upgrading you won't look back.
                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I think you picked the better deal first. You will have that car looking good in no time. Post some pics to let us see how its going. A few of us are kinda partial to the carby's so I was glad you got it.
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

I know what you mean. I paid $500 for mine with 215k miles and had to put another $400 into it to get it road worthy and it still has a bent front fender and door. Recently one popped up on CL with 93,00 miles for $1,500 in NC. It would have been a few hundred mile drive to get it but it would have been worth it. But I still love my Festiva.
                    Rick
                    1993 Ford Festiva
                    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                    2000 Ford E350

Comment

^

Originally posted by bastille10 View Post
                      Howdy - What we have here is not technically buyers remorse (I bought a great '88 LX 5 Speed w/ 173k miles,ding and rust free for $650.00), but the classic "I should have waited" next better Festiva syndrome. '93 5 speed with only 93,000 miles just went up on the Seattle CL FOR $1999.00. It's that great Lt. Aqua. New brakes, tune-up, tires good. Body looks very clean.
                      Buy the time I'm done with mine I still won't be in the 2k range (Needs paint job, seat covers, major tune up), but it's still great to see a primo Festiva that's right up a non - mechanics alley.
                      Somebody please buy this so I won't be tempted
                      keep the lx lots of options, i just sold mine with 442k miles on it for 2k you got a great deal on yours mine had cold a/c also & 42mpg. mine was a one owner car dont be tempted by everyone you see b/c you bought your at a great price & you can put 800 bucks in it & still get your money back ob it if you sell it.
                      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                      X