I need FF.com help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need FF.com help

Ok so im trying to get some new rubber for the festicle, its pretty much a weekend/ track car.I plan on drag racing it and possibly try auto cross i was looking at 185/60R14 Toyo R888 tires, there very hard to find in the US. Does anyone know where i might be able to find these that will ship to the US? Im limited to the tires i can use due to the size of the rim, right now the rim has some pirelli 165 60 14 tires, so im thinking the 185 should fit? do you think 195 would be a to wide? If someone knows a tire that is similar the the r888 in the size i need i would definitely be interested.

find a 185/55/14 on tires-easy,com or onlinetire,com
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Hot Wheels -

Sorry, can't help you with your search for tires. But if you can spare a minute, would you mind telling me what the manufacturer and model # of the wheels in your signature's left-side pix are? I read they're 14" but who makes them? They look AWESOME! Is the axle/hub an Aspire mod?
      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

I can get you four of these. Brand new, being shipped to me as I write. $275, part of my tire reward program for working for Michelin. Had to use it while I could. They cost over $100 a piece. Not exactly what you're looking for but here you go. Pics are the last ones I got through the program. Still have them too.

Last edited by freshtiva; 03-14-2011, 09:24 PM.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

the rims are 13 and where konigs, i cant remember the name of the style, they where 4x114.3. theres a few people on here with them.

Comment

thanks fresh for the offer, i really want to get a road racing tire or slick for auto cross/ drag strip. thats a good deal though and the pilots are great for a daily driver, nice and quiet, good traction.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              find a 185/55/14 on tires-easy,com or onlinetire,com
              The tire-easy had one good looking tire the federal SS-595 185/55 R14, that sites all in Spanish though. the onlinetire.com pulled up some local shop in Florida? i couldnt find any tire listings on the site.

thanks for the help everyone! keep it coming! i found a site on ebay that has the r888's i might asking what there shipping is but i imagine it will be an arm and leg from the UK

Comment

No problem, Ive got 12 to sell. Couldnt get any Michelins in my size. Might try using a set of these on fantastiva. Thats what the afore pictured rims are for. Good luck to you finding what you need.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I don't know where to get them off the top of my head, but I know the Miata guys love the r888. Since the Miata came with the factory with 185/60R14s I would imagine that some of them are still running stock wheels with these tires for certain categories of racing. Might try asking/searching over at Miata.net, most folks on there are pretty helpful. Oh and fresh, Festies like the 185/60s, just gotta use the aspire struts in the rear for the slightly higher spring perch
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

any other suggestions? i dont even see the 185x14's r888's listed on toyos site, i wonder if they only offer them in europe

Comment

Working...
                    X