Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros and Cons of PCV

As some of you may know, I purchased this intake and carb:

As it says, the PCV hole is welded shut. Obviously it was ran without the PCV. I know it's possible, but is there any pros or cons to not using a PCV? If I run it without it, what do I put in place of the PCV valve coming out of the VC? Do I just point the hose away, or do I need to plug the hole, or what? Thanks again.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

plug it off or u will have a huge vac. leak

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

the valve cover needs to be vented in some fasion. the PCV is there to burn the HCs that are floating in the crankcase for emissions. otherwise the hole in the valve cover must be vented to atmosphere to relieve the pressure in the crankcase that comes from blowby (all engines have some amount of blowby).
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
      X