Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick i need help! what good parts can i get form an aspire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick i need help! what good parts can i get form an aspire?

Hey all i just found a 4 door aspire auto for 200 bucks and i wanna justify buying it in the next hour.

so all i can think of are = aspire brake swap + tubular exhaust manifold

are there any other good parts from an aspire i can salvage and use on my festiva?

thx
    !!

Rear axle is different just an FYI.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

so i cant use it on a festiva???????

Comment

can i use a 4 door automatic car as a donar car for an aspire swap?

Comment

You'll have to change the rear brake hose on the driver's side.. not sure how much. Everything else should work. You'll have the biggest brakes possible Aspire wise.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

as far as i know, you can use the engine and trans from the aspire as well if your festy is an auto. i know the wiring is different, but the longblock is the same and the trans is the jatco fe3, so i'd say buy it

Comment

Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
              You'll have to change the rear brake hose on the driver's side.. not sure how much. Everything else should work. You'll have the biggest brakes possible Aspire wise.
              im havin some trouble understanding the entire aspire swap dealyo

Correct me if im wrong but can you just unbolt everything off the front of the festiva,

Unbolt the aspire Lower Control arm from the subframe, and take everything off in one giant peice and bolt it into the festiva?

there are a billion diff threads on the aspire break swap its super confusing.

Comment

the only thing u will have to change is the aspire break line in the rear, it needs to be longer, i cannot remember what line i used but i remember that i did not attatch the breakline into the axle clip. its nothing major to do. for that price u can take all of the parts you want then take it to scrap for 100$!

BUY IT!!!!!

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
                1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
                R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
                00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
                03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
                pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
                Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
                Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

good deal, buy it for the swap alone... then you can also get the aspire cam and roller rockers for that sohc b6-t build...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Don't use the Aspire LCA's They're too long and will pop your axles out. Use the Festiva LCA's.

...and Festiva axles.
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                    X