Holy crap! festiva wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap! festiva wreck

I saw this and was shocked to see the damage... I don't think our cars are crash rated very high...

more on the story
    Last edited by doylerl; 03-17-2011, 11:13 PM.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

remind me not to aim my festiva at a semi.... it will win!

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

It may sound crude of me when they were killed and everything, but I like those wheels... or wheel I guess I should say...
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

i dont think thats a festiva... i think its an old fiesta that they called a festiva...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

its a festiva, save the first pic and zoom in on the front bumper.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
          1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
          R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
          00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
          03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
          pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
          Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
          Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

doyler, yeah, our beloved festiva's are pretty much on a death list. lol.

as far as the accidents go, from what I can tell the two pics are of different cars...

on the first pic, the 99.9% positive ID'd festiva is ... beyond destroyed and in the middle of a two lane street.

in the second website (which is in New Zealand btw), they're at a major intersection and the entire car is mangled but is still mostly a complete car. hold control and tap "+" like 20 times and scroll over to the left and you'll see that they're not the same car. in fact, I'm almost willing to say that the second one is a festiva (US = aspire). holding control and * will reset your window.

or click here: http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/p...sty/wreck2.png
            Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

In the article they say 3 of 5 passengers in the Festiva didn't make it. That might explain a bit of the situation. Regardless that car is destroyed. Very sad for that family.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

If you look at the first picture just above the wheel arch, you'll notice a crease in the fender that is not on our Festivas. The hood also appears to fold forward, but that could be a result of dismantling and the hood is hanging on by the front latch. Looks to me like hinges, though, and why would they peel back the hood to get anyone out?

I'm unsure of the car type myself. Could be the "Aspire" Festiva or a Fiesta, I suppose.

Just found this "Justin's" Cardomain page. Have a good look:

Those wheels probably were a factory option in the UK as well as NZ. Again, look at the hood folded forward in Justin's picture after his crash. Similar look, eh?

I say it's around a 1986 Fiesta, and the different looks between the two fatal crash articles reflect "before" and "after" versions of the same car after power tools were used to get the bodies out.

Karl
                Last edited by Safety Guy; 03-18-2011, 05:44 AM.
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

On a different, brighter note, I really like these wheels on older "XR2" Fiestas:

It could just have driven out of the showroom in 1988, couldn't it? (Apart from the number plate, obviously)

A better side view:

Check out that interesting rear "wrap around spoiler" in the first picture, too.

Karl
                  Last edited by Safety Guy; 03-18-2011, 05:59 AM.
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Karl, I think you're right, that's not a Festiva, it's a Fiesta. The wrecked car definitely has a rear-opening hood (hinged at the front in other words), and the fenders match the other Fiesta pic. Good find.
                    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                    Mark S.

Comment

It's pretty obvious to me that they posted the wrong picture in the first story. Both stories are identical and if you look at the second story it actually shows the vehicles in the wreck. The guys Fiesta (85 Mark II -- Good job guys!) was wrecked when he passed a car and hit head on with another and he actually survived.

and karl, nice find on the guys website. I just dug a little deeper and he wrote himself about the wreck in the link I provided.

very tragic, any updates on the baby and...there was a woman too correct?
                      Last edited by walth; 03-18-2011, 09:39 AM.
                      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

i think is a 1st gen fiesta they made tons of them overseas an most are still on the road an alot of people mistake the names festiva fiesta ....it is sad for the family of those who passed but as a truck driver there arent any cars on the road that would take a good hit from 80 thousand lbs at 60mph
                        Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

i knew a festiva wouldnt let anyone down that bad

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Never mind.... the link I was going to post was posted an hour ago.
                            Last edited by fastivaca; 03-18-2011, 11:02 AM.
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada
                            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by walth View Post
                              http://www.greylizard.net/smashedupcar.php

It's pretty obvious to me that they posted the wrong picture in the first story. Both stories are identical and if you look at the second story it actually shows the vehicles in the wreck. The guys Fiesta (85 Mark II -- Good job guys!) was wrecked when he passed a car and hit head on with another and he actually survived.
                              that doesnt look like a head on wreck to me, the front end is in almost perfect shape, it looks like he got partially sideways in the road and got hit by the other car, resulting in the passenger door back being ripped off.

Comment

Working...
                              X