axle prices in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle prices in Canada

I'm envious of the axle prices mentioned in the repair help forum by my neighbours south of the border in the USA - $50-$60. The cheapest I've found in Canada is $115 from a local rebuild shop with a lifetime warranty, plus $50 more if there is no old axle to exchange, plus 13% sales tax. NAPPA has an outlet a mile away and wants $120 with $73 more if there is no exchange. Those are the lowest quotes I found locally. I see $64 on the Interenet but was not able to get the price of shipping to Canada as it has to be done through a third party. I imagine there would also be a shipping charge for returning the old axle. (I've never bougth anything over the Internet.) The Ford dealer where I bought the car in 1989 says there was a 5 year, 100,000 km warranty on the axles. Long gone there.

Any other ideas? Am I missing something?
    Thanks.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

You are a candidate for an Aspire suspension upgrade.

Comment

^^ Aspire upgrade has no effect on the axles though.

As for prices I just made a couple of calls here in Calgary and was quoted $83.50 + $50.00 core at one source and $89.00 + $70.00 core at another. I also called NAPA here and their price was the same as what you were quoted. I rarely buy at NAPA because I find their prices consistently, and sometimes considerably, higher.

Had to add this... called Partsource and their price here was $89.99 + core (forgot what they said ) Check these out in your area...

Places for partsource near Ottawa, ON

1508A Merivale Road, Nepean - (613) 228-7111

1515 Bank Street, Ottawa - (613) 260-7222

1091 Saint Laurent Boulevard, Ottawa - (613) 749-2227
      Last edited by fastivaca; 03-18-2011, 10:12 AM. Reason: Added source info...
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Thanks. I did call PartsSource but the clerk said none avialable. Don't know how far afield they look.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

man, when i did my axles, they were 55 bucks, no core. brand new axles

Comment

Check with rockauto , sometimes its cheaper even with shipping , we are getting hosed over here.

Comment

At least I don't have to pay any PST or HST !
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Thanks for the online lead. Here is what I found.

$116.84 Rockauto $40.13 + $40.25 core + $36.44 shipping
                to get the core refund I'd have to pay to ship
                Google search of "Rockauto Canada" finds info on taxes, fees

$75.37 Autopartsaway.ca $73.03 + $2.34 insurance, ships from Canada
                no core charge, no return of old part

$76.95 Autopartsonline.com ships from Canada, free shipping over $75
                no core charge, no return of old part

Comment

Correction to above message...

AutoPartsWAY.ca I misspelled it above. They also ship orders over $75 free.

Assume includes core charge. The website says it tell you if there is a refund for exchange of old part when order is placed but I haven't got that far yet. Same may be true for Autopartsonline.com.

AutopartsWAY will accept offline orders by mail and gives mailing address in Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                  X