Yup....going to need that SHO V6....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup....going to need that SHO V6....

On my way home from a get together tonight in Massachusettes, I was on New England's 495-S....

..Then my friend coming home from the same event sneaks up behind me and blows right by me on his Volvo S80. Literally was flooring the pedal but by the time we got to the I-95 ramp I let him go.

The lightweight, short gears, and whatever else the previous owner did still was no match for a stock, 4000 lb, five cylinder, 4 door sedan that only has 60-70 more hp....

Usually the one to advocate against street racing due to learning from the past, I really won't be finding myself doing this again (I hope, I try so hard I've been street race free for 5 years before this)....but it was an eye opener regarding Bumblebee's limits....though tripodding on the on ramp was pretty hair raising.

I'll be looking harder for a wrecked SHO now....
    Last edited by chaosdrifter06; 03-18-2011, 09:14 PM.
    "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
    --Anonymous

Time for a turbo TominMO has a rear turbo B6. IMHO a SHO swap is more trouble then what it's worth.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Let your volvo buddy try to keep up with a BP-t festy like this...
      ford festiva with a bp-t and a g25mr running 12 sec 1/4 mile passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think (not sure) that a sho swapped festy would have a hard time with that BP-t festy too.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Most typical swaps would provide you the means to easily take him on. Another thing, if he was sneaking up on you then he had a head start which would go a long ways. In order to be able to catch someone who's already going faster takes a lot more than it would to match them.

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
          Most typical swaps would provide you the means to easily take him on. Another thing, if he was sneaking up on you then he had a head start which would go a long ways. In order to be able to catch someone who's already going faster takes a lot more than it would to match them.
          thats why all of the honda #@&*$(! do the famous "honda fly by" so they can act like they have a fast car lol

i had some random guy in a bp kia sephia, ride my butt for 1 mile in a 45 mph zone, i was doing 50mph and thought it was a reasonable speed. after it turned to a 2 lane he got next to me and lerched back and forth for about 30 seconds. i ignored him and then finally gave in (i was driving the bp festiva i built for my mom) so i dropped 2nd gear, hit the rev limiter, slammed 3rd gear and next thing i know im doing 88 mph lol the guy was 4 car legenths back! he stopped at the next light and asked what engine i have and i said "same as yours, but i got skillz" lol he gave me a thumbs up and drove off.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
          1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
          R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
          00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
          03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
          pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
          Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
          Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
            thats why all of the honda #@&*$(! do the famous "honda fly by" so they can act like they have a fast car lol

i had some random guy in a bp kia sephia, ride my butt for 1 mile in a 45 mph zone, i was doing 50mph and thought it was a reasonable speed. after it turned to a 2 lane he got next to me and lerched back and forth for about 30 seconds. i ignored him and then finally gave in (i was driving the bp festiva i built for my mom) so i dropped 2nd gear, hit the rev limiter, slammed 3rd gear and next thing i know im doing 88 mph lol the guy was 4 car legenths back! he stopped at the next light and asked what engine i have and i said "same as yours, but i got skillz" lol he gave me a thumbs up and drove off.
            Hey now. See my sig? I drive a Honda. haha My least favorite thing about Hondas is the kids that destroy their rep by the way they drive and act, otherwise I like them. I am selling mine to make money for a Festiva though. Mazda > Honda.

Way to put him in his place. I hate when people ride my butt. HATE it.

btw, I'm sure being a good few hundred pounds lighter was helping you out too. :p
            Last edited by thered56; 03-19-2011, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post

Rev limiters sucks. Im glad my festy dont have one
              89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
              My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Chaos, you know that S80 is an I5T (turbo)... for that, it has torque, and that's why you couldn't take him.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  Chaos, you know that S80 is an I5T (turbo)... for that, it has torque, and that's why you couldn't take him.
                  No his was the base model NA I5...about 170hp but a truckload of torque.
                  "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
                  --Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                  X