There goes my hero...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There goes my hero...

It was a sad day today as the Hulk and I went our seperate ways . I was stuck between a rock and a hard place with the car and had to make something happen. I have total confidence in the new owner and his plans for the car (I'll let him come forward when he's ready). There is a silver lining in this dark cloud though as I am not totally out of festies . More on that to come!
    Here are the last pics of the Hulk as he's loaded onto the trailer and taken to his new home....

"Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

omfg!! i want those stylus bumpers!!!!! its a sad day to sell your pride and joy i would never part ways with my festiva bc i love it so much!

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

lane, i bet it wasn't easy watching it go, but if you did buy that certain car you told me about a while ago, i'm sure that'll ease the pain lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

why do i think i know who the new owner is?....

BTW Lane, tis a sad day for sure, i empathise.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
          omfg!! i want those stylus bumpers!!!!! its a sad day to sell your pride and joy i would never part ways with my festiva bc i love it so much!
          Yeah, a while back I had those bumpers pretty much sold because I wanted to do something different. Ended up never going through with that deal as things didn't work out the way I had planned.

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          lane, i bet it wasn't easy watching it go, but if you did buy that certain car you told me about a while ago, i'm sure that'll ease the pain lol
          Definitely not easy! I know it will be well taken care of and get an engine swap it deserves. And yes, the deal you know of does ease the pain a bit

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          why do i think i know who the new owner is?....

BTW Lane, tis a sad day for sure, i empathise.
          Hopefully he'll keep us all up to date on his progress with the Hulk.
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I shoulda had those bumpers but I'm like 99 percent positive I know who got them and I think I know what you got.

Won't spoil anything even if those bumpers where in my hands almost
            Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

actually yea I do know 100 percent
              Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

Nooo
                91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

Good to hear you're still in the game. Looking forward to seeing what become of the car.

Comment

:shock: no way that just happened! that car is one of my favorite cars on this site! i hope what your building next comes out just as good if not better bro. but seriously it was one of my favorite cars and was actually one of the few festys that inspired me to make the decision to buy mine. when i was still lurking around the site but didnt join yet.
                    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

^

i loved that car!
                      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post

Definitely not easy! I know it will be well taken care of and get an engine swap it deserves. And yes, the deal you know of does ease the pain a bit
                        I demand to know what this secret deal is !

whats the white car in background jacked in the air?
                        Last edited by skimsucka; 03-20-2011, 07:24 AM.
                        93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                        RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                        RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
                          ohhhhh I know I know I know! hehe
                          I'm excited for you Lane can't wait to see what is to come!
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                            :shock: no way that just happened! that car is one of my favorite cars on this site! i hope what your building next comes out just as good if not better bro. but seriously it was one of my favorite cars and was actually one of the few festys that inspired me to make the decision to buy mine. when i was still lurking around the site but didnt join yet.
                            Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                            i loved that car!
                            Thanks guys!

Originally posted by skimsucka View Post

whats the white car in background jacked in the air?
                            The floating festy in the background is one of Zanzer's that he's getting ready for a buddy of his

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                            ohhhhh I know I know I know! hehe
                            I'm excited for you Lane can't wait to see what is to come!
                            Yep, you're one of the few who know! Wanna do some work on it myself before the big reveal, haha

Comment

Sorry to see Hulk go Lane but I know it will go to a good home. What year Stylus were the bumpers on?
                              Chuck
                              Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                              If money will fix it, it's not broken
                              91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                              93 GL - Lil Red
                              91 L - Tweetystiva
                              http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                              http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Working...
                              X