dumb question ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb question ??

used the search an the advanced search no answer .....so can u delete the VAF from the intake ...i know dumb question but if i didnt ask ya know
    Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

nope, u can run megasquirt and delete it but that is the only way i know of unless u somehow convert it to a maf sensor but u would need to be obd2 i beleive.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

ya the ecu needs the input of the VAF to see how much air is going in to the motor and then can put in the right amount of fuel... the only way you can take it out is to get a standalone ecu like megasquirt, there is lots of others that will do the same thing but can cost alot more... (i have a haltech in my car...)

the only other thing i can think of is a vaf swap, i have seen people use a mx3 or mx6 V6 vaf on a bp (postman101 i think...) and it looks alot better than the big old one... and i think flows better too

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

thanks guys the project continues
        Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Working...
        X