who on here has Trucks? Calling all truck guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who on here has Trucks? Calling all truck guys

the reason I ask is I am fixing my truck chevy 1500 6.5, and i wouldnt mind replacing tires, i am running 305 70 16 and i would like some tire options, I love mickey Thompson baja claws. but they are a bit pricey. unfortunatly its down for the count for a bit, I have to replace the injection pump, and some other miscellaneous parts
    B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
    Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

What purpose do you use said truck? Purpose really decides tire type, size, ect.
    Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
    88? Parts car-sold
    91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
    86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
    1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Originally posted by gorgonheimer View Post
      What purpose do you use said truck? Purpose really decides tire type, size, ect.

I use it for pulling and playing in the sand and mud
      B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
      Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

Comment

Originally posted by blitzbuggy View Post
        I use it for pulling and playing in the sand and mud
        I had Nitto Trail Grapplers on my dodge ram, they looked AMAZING and lasted me forever. They have a Dune grappler too thats pretty mean looking and is more of a all-terrain tire but does great in the sand, my buddy had them on his Ranger. Great tires IMO

Here's the link

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Depends if you want the "low profile" gangsta look or the traditional "high profile" redneck look, LOL. The best deals, based on 16" tire size and an off-road or All-Terrain style, are usually found on LT265/75R16's. LT245's are typically a 10-ply (3/4 & 1 ton) and pretty expensive.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I bought my last set of tires in Neb. at a place called Your Next Tire, The size was 285/75/R16 They were Cooper brand RWL blems and cost $130 ea. and that was shipped to my door. Good deal i thought. Isn't that in your back yard.
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Will you be lifting the vehicle or modifying the fenders in anyway? If so, you can buy military surplus humvee tires brand new for around $100 a piece. 36x12.50x16.5

And a 1500 with a 6.5 diesel? That seems rare, but I'm not Chevy guy.

Last edited by mturner2003; 03-24-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mturner2003 View Post
                Will you be lifting the vehicle or modifying the fenders in anyway? If so, you can buy military surplus humvee tires brand new for around $100 a piece. 36x12.50x16.5

And a 1500 with a 6.5 diesel? That seems rare, but I'm not Chevy guy.

I'l take six of those bad boys if you'll deliver. lol

Comment

Originally posted by sdave7 View Post
                  I'l take six of those bad boys if you'll deliver. lol
                  Oh those aren't mine, lol. That's just a pic I pulled off the web to show the tire. I no longer have any. I run just a lil bigger tire now, lol

Comment

Not a truck guy, but a Jeeper. I'm running 33 x 12.5 Kuhmo Road Venture M/T's... They are decent, but soft (as in, I've ripped several chunks out of them on the rocks and mud in a few trips out)... They work really well though and are quiet for M/T's...

Prior to these, I was running 31 x 10.5 BFG A/T's... They were decent as well, wore excellent, got a TON of mileage on them and they were a lot cheaper. Plus, they did pretty darn good offroad too.

Never played around on the sand, I know that's a different animal than mud and rocks, so I'm not sure how either of these would handle in that.

Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

These days you'll find me driving a 1500 sierra but can't help you with off road tires :dontknow:
                      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                      RIP 90LX

Comment

BF Goodrich All terrain, or Mud terrain if you really wanna get nasty!
                        I had several sets of these on my Bronco. AT's usually lasted 66,000 miles or more, which is excellent for off road tires. They got grip!
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
                        X