Maaco Drop Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maaco Drop Off

Dropped the '88 LX off at Maaco this morning. Same color (that kinda Brick Red). There was literally no clearcoat left. Asked for the mid level job. Includes 4 hrs. of body work. Already sprayed the steelies a titanium silver with new center emblems. Will go over the bumpers with "Forever Black" when returned. It will take about a week.
    The Maaco here in Seattle has gotten good to excellent reviews in Yelp and Citysearch blogs. Will send pics...

How much does this "mid level job" cost? Body work as in rust removal, dent removal, etc...?
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Around $525.00 plus tax. I think it's usually $595.00, but I got a deal because things have been pretty "quiet". He mark the small dimples. I don't have any big dents, dings or rust, but I have a friend who just had his '82 Volvo 240 done. They took out a couple of fist size dents and the car looked really good for the money. He seemed to think he got his money's worth on the 4 hr. labor thing. Very little Bondo. I definitely don't expect "concourse" for $525.00, but think it will look pretty good. I just don't have the time, equipment or know how to attempt a full blown paint job myself.
      Last edited by bastille10; 03-23-2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bastille10 View Post
        Around $525.00 plus tax. I think it's usually $595.00, but I got a deal because things have been pretty "quiet". He mark the small dimples. I don't have any big dents, dings or rust, but I have a friend who just had his '82 Volvo 240 done. They took out a couple of fist size dents and the car looked really good for the money. He seemed to think he got his money's worth on the 4 hr. labor thing. Very little Bondo. I definitely don't expect "concourse" for $525.00, but think it will look pretty good. I just don't have the time, equipment or know how to attempt an full blown paint job myself.
        I would say that was a very wise choice, and they do turn out some decent looking jobs. I think you will have a good looking car when it's complete and you follow up with the detailing work. Can't wait to see some pictures. Also keep in mind the paint will have kind of a fuzzy look to it until you wash it a few times, but it will shine nicely.
        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
        82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Knowing what the car looked like when it was my neighbors, Icant wait to see what it looks like after! my buddy has a 89 that is brick red and it looks pretty good still

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
          91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

ahhhh are we going to get before and after pics? im going to take my car to the macco by me and get the same job done very very soon
            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Sorry - Didn't get "before" pics, but imagine a red going dark pink with a crust of flakey clearcoat all around, and absolutely no shine ability whatsoever.
              Oh yeah, don't forget the remnents of all those '80's stripes. All that was needed was someone living in it!
              Last edited by bastille10; 03-24-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X