Autozone Parts counter help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autozone Parts counter help?

I went to get Auto tranny fluid the other day. I wasn't sure exactly what it took so I (gulp) asked the teen at the counter. He asked if it was the 3 or 4 cylindar version.

From here you can guess that we quietly argued for about a minute (insert a little credit on his part) until he figured it was a loosing battle or that maybe he shouldn't argue with a customer. Before he stopped arguing he actually went on to tell me they made them somewhere from '92 to about '94.

I got the oil, left, and went home and poured it into my 4 cyl Festy laughing the whole time.

FYI: the first comment on the teen is in no way directed at the teens that really do know what they are doing. It's just the ones that give the rest of you a bad name. lol I was a teen once and had to deal with that too. So please no offense intended.
    -Bryant

Hey! Over thirty-one years ago I was a teen too! I didn't quite know it all. Just most of it.

So no offense taken. :p

Karl

PS: Nowadays I just scratch my head and try to remember what I did with my glasses. Take another swig of Geritol and do some brain exercises and I'm okay. They were on my face all the time! Time? Oh yeah, time for the cute nurse to give me another shot!
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Speak for yourself, Karl!!! I DID know everything that many years ago...... and have been forgetting it ever since. Just ask the kids!
      Have owned 9 so far
      White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
      Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
      Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
      Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
      Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
        I went to get Auto tranny fluid the other day. I wasn't sure exactly what it took so I (gulp) asked the teen at the counter. He asked if it was the 3 or 4 cylindar version.

From here you can guess that we quietly argued for about a minute (insert a little credit on his part) until he figured it was a loosing battle or that maybe he shouldn't argue with a customer. Before he stopped arguing he actually went on to tell me they made them somewhere from '92 to about '94.

I got the oil, left, and went home and poured it into my 4 cyl Festy laughing the whole time.

FYI: the first comment on the teen is in no way directed at the teens that really do know what they are doing. It's just the ones that give the rest of you a bad name. lol I was a teen once and had to deal with that too. So please no offense intended.
        So did you get the auto tranny fluid?
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

When they realize they are getting paid by the hour to do wild goose chases on their computer lookup system it's not so bad. It's customer service...milk that clock. The manager is happy and festy owner is happy.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Oh, I love getting the new counter people. Especially since the manager knows me. She will set back and chuckle at the time I give them. Most of them weren't even born when the Festiva was in it's full glory. Then fun part is when she actually speaks up and says the man you are arguing with has probably forgot more about most cars than you think you know about the ones he has now.

Most of them if you are super lucky have a little vocational education and understand what is is that you are looking for. The pictures on the computer are mainly for them so they can match the part up once they pull it off the shelf, they just show you the part so they can glimpse at it to see if it was right.

Not all of them are bad, just the know it alls whom know nothing and pretend to.
            Last edited by kartracer46; 03-24-2011, 01:20 PM.
            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

This reminds me of Blinker Fluid, Left handed crescent wrenchs, and Board Strechers. LOL !
              (paperboy 23) 88 Festy Blue, aspire Engine/trans/efi swap,

Comment

Ask for a steam bucket for a 92 festy next time you see a newb at the counter.....

Ive seen this on and on when asking for SHO parts , since very few knows what a sho is , and there is two 3.0 listed (the yamaha and the vulcan) , it gets messy real quick. I usually look on rockauto for part numbers to get it right the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
                  Ask for a steam bucket for a 92 festy next time you see a newb at the counter.....

Ive seen this on and on when asking for SHO parts , since very few knows what a sho is , and there is two 3.0 listed (the yamaha and the vulcan) , it gets messy real quick. I usually look on rockauto for part numbers to get it right the first time.
                  Whenever I go to O'reillys to get parts for my truck I go in there and as for say a u joint, they look and look and say that they don't sell that part. After they say that I get on my phone and look up a part # and then they "magically" have the part, usually in stock. I hate big name part stores... with a passion.

Comment

For the most part counter people at parts stores sold Tupperware before falling into the job a MacParts...
                    Chuck
                    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                    If money will fix it, it's not broken
                    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                    93 GL - Lil Red
                    91 L - Tweetystiva
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

I would love to work at an autoparts store, I know pretty much everything, granted there is still quite a bit i need to learn, but for the most part i could do it. Plus i would get a discount on all my festy parts
                      -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                        I would love to work at an autoparts store, I know pretty much everything, granted there is still quite a bit i need to learn, but for the most part i could do it. Plus i would get a discount on all my festy parts
                        That's why I work at Mazda! And discount on all suppliers, NAPA etc.

-Scott
                        Aqua 93 L
                        Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                        White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by Occhty View Post
                          This reminds me of Blinker Fluid, Left handed crescent wrenchs, and Board Strechers. LOL !
                          Don't forget the muffler bearings
                          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Last year a 50 year old guy working at autozone tried picking a fight with me because I told him he didn't know what he was doing. he was telling me to clean the carb on a 02 ford exploder. I insisted it was fi but he told me other wise, needless to say I reported it and he got fired.
                            :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

I took Aspire rotors, to O'Reilly's to get turned (as I was finishing my swap). Manual trans...

Kid measured thickness, and said "we cannot turn these--they are too thin". Had to point out, and then argue that he was looking at minimum thickness specs for an automatic...

Sigh. took him, and another guy, ten minutes, to finally agree that I was right.

Scott
                              Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

Comment

Working...
                              X