Need College Help, Rooming Loans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need College Help, Rooming Loans?

So I wanna move to CT for school. I just got a $5500 a year Pell Grant, but I need a rooming loan for, well, rooming. Have any of you guys ever had to do this? What did you have to do in order to get it?
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Applying for another loan should cover the costs for room and board.

When I went to school, grants, scholarships, and a number of loans gave me enough money to cover everything.

Try and apply for scholarships and grants moreover than loans. I made a mistake relying on loans and now it's starting to bite me back.
    "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
    --Anonymous

Comment

Fafsa should tell you what kind of loan about you're eligible for beyond your pell grant. I think they usually do up to $9000/year.
      -Donny
      -1992 Festiva GL
      B6D/E-series.
      -1991 GL
      BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

race for pink slips and sell the cars you win.... and if you loose, turn off the computer before it can save.... worked for me

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

You can also try and apply for an RA position within one of the school's residential halls. They get free room and board in exchange for watching over the hall in question.
          "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
          --Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by chaosdrifter06 View Post
            You can also try and apply for an RA position within one of the school's residential halls. They get free room and board in exchange for watching over the hall in question.
            This school doesn't have on-campus room and board, So I don't think this would work.

Racing for pink slips would be great if I had a super stealthy car to race with that was EPIC. Lol.

I'll check around for loans. The Financial Aid office said it would be a bad idea (of course) but I'm hoping after a year my friend could hook me up with a job that will at least curb some of the cost.
            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

BTW, I didn't mean to put this in General Discussion, lol.
              Current cars:

Comment

Working...
              X