Criteria for a $2k plus Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criteria for a $2k plus Festiva

Just curious.Saw a great looking Festy on Ebay today. 70k miles, very clean 5 speed '91.
    What's the limit you'd pay for a Festiva considering how most of the folks on this forum pride themselves on being "do it yourself"ers. Even for an un-messed with, low miles beauty would you go $3 or $4 thousand?
    Last edited by bastille10; 03-25-2011, 02:57 PM.

never would i pay $3000 for a stock Festy

$2000 for a perfect stock, and that means no rust, dents, stains, tears, smells, or running problems
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

If I had 5k sitting around and the "perfect" Festiva popped up for sale, I'd be on it in a jiffy.
      -Donny
      -1992 Festiva GL
      B6D/E-series.
      -1991 GL
      BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Paid $1500 for a festy in great shape with a/c, powersteering, b6swap... That it is the most I would ever pay again
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I'd definitely do at least three, if it was absolutely headache free. Esp. if it was a '90-'93 GL
          When you consider what a Yaris, Smart, Fit ect. are going for it's still a hellava deal.
          I'm still a little perplexed about how we revere our Festivas, but don't really want to pony up for one that's a creampuff. Maybe that's the nature of a car that's easy to fix? Or maybe no matter how much you pay, there's always something.
          Last edited by bastille10; 03-25-2011, 05:56 PM.

Comment

i'm going to have over 4k invested into casper lol
            Proud owner of Casper

Comment

Originally posted by hamburglar View Post
              i'm going to have over 4k invested into casper lol
              That's it? Heck, I had that into flying to TX, the cost of Casper, and then the Uhaul truck/trailer rental cost and gas costs to get it back to PA for that car....

And I won't even start to count the amount of money I sunk into the Pimptiva!
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by bastille10 View Post
                I'd definitely do at least three, if it was absolutely headache free. Esp. if it was a '90-'93 GL
                When you consider what a Yaris, Smart, Fit ect. are going for it's still a hellava deal.
                I'm still a little perplexed about how we revere our Festivas, but don't really want to pony up for one that's a creampuff. Maybe that's the nature of a car that's easy to fix? Or maybe no matter how much you pay, there's always something.
                Right on !! Im with you !! :thumbright:
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                  Right on !! Im with you !! :thumbright:

I agree, I would rather pony up 4k for an immaculate Festiva before considering the payments and taxes on any new sipper.
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

I think I'm about 3500 + into FESTOCOLYPSE. It started at 800. And has been climbing a couple hundred dollars at a time with everything I'm doing. Its gunna take me about a year of no car payment to recoop what I've spent. But I'm having a good time with it.

Comment

I think most of us on here have sunk atleast 2-10x the amount into our Festiva's than what we paid for it.
                      91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                      14 C7 Z51

Comment

I will be spending that on my next Festiva. I will also consider it a good deal. You'll see what I mean in a months time.

Comment

Only one worth that would have to have A/C, Motor Swap, and look nice. IMO
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

^ I prefer buying one w/o A/C. It saves me the time and hassle of uninstalling it! heheh then again, I'm a long ways away from Florida!

Comment

No doubt about the pain of uninstalling ac. I've got my motor out and it was still a hassle to get the condenser out. Haven't tackled the evap core yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X