Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Here!

Hello All!
    New to the forum but not new to Festivas. Had a red '93 that had a B6 swapped in, 13x5.5 Pacer wheels with 185/60 r13 tires. Lowered with Festiva Motorsports springs and
    KYB GR2 struts front and rear. I modified the shifter for smoother more precise shifts. Installed a set of sportier front buckets with custom built mounts. Also had swapped for Aspire front hubs and brakes and Aspire rear suspension and hubs. Loved the little car like crazy and then one day got a wild hair and decided I wanted a new car so off goes the Festiva and in comes a new Scion! Now, to say I've regretted getting rid of my Festiva with all of the work I had put into it would be an understatement, so I've decided I'm going to get another and start all over again! This time I'll know what to do from the git go!

Look forward to chatting with you all at some time in the future.

Mike

2006 Blue Kawasaki Concours
    1993 Ford F150 (The Orange Pumpkin)

Welcome (back) to the madness!
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Welcome! Already had the addiction! After I sold my first Festiva I was immediatly wanting it back.
      '90 LX

Comment

Welcome Aboard!!!

When will people learn that there is no cure for the addiction. Once you've had one, you will always want one.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

welcome to the madness lol have fun brother!

Comment

Glad you came to your senses! lol! Welcome. Will you be keeping the Scion? Which one did you get? How about a review?
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Oh and any pics of the last festy? Did an enthusiast get it?

And your social security number please..... LOL! Just kidding welcome.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Hey welcome back, i look forward to seeing the next car you buy [ Festiva ] and what you do to it to make it yours.
                x2 on the pic's
                An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Thanks for the request for pictures. I didn't think to attach any. Hope you like them. The car needed paint but that was of secondary importance to making it run correctly and well! The pics also show the strut brace I built. I can't believe how much difference that addition made!!

Let me know what you think.

Mike

Last edited by mgardiner2673; 03-26-2011, 08:33 PM. Reason: Adding more pictures.
                  2006 Blue Kawasaki Concours
                  1993 Ford F150 (The Orange Pumpkin)

Comment

welcome, im rather new here myself, but already bitten by the bug, and 2 of my friends just got festivas too

Comment

Great! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your next festiva!

Comment

From a Festiva to a Scion?? Well, it's no wonder you're needing another Festiva. A Scion can't cure the sickness that a Festiva inflicts! heheh

That's a nice car you had! As much as I wanna do dohc engine swaps, something about the sohc B6 makes me really wanna do one. By the sounds of things, you're thinking of doing a swap in your future Festi. I look forward to seeing it. I like your strut bar btw.

Oh yes, and, welcome back to the madness!

Comment

Welcome aboard! Very clean build you had. can't wait to see the next one.
                          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

The term 'newbie' doesn't apply to you Sir. If you know Festivas you're already one of us. You're just not acquainted personally yet. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Howdy & welcome Mike
                              Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

Working...
                              X